Skip to content

Discuss This Colin Edwards set for Suter/BMW debut MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Colin Edwards set for Suter/BMW debut

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Colin Edwards set for Suter/BMW debut

Colin Edwards will get his first chance to understand the performance potential of the new Suter/BMW 1000cc machine when he makes his debut for the Forward Racing squad in Jerez tomorrow (Wednesday). The American is the highest profile rider so far to sign a deal to ride for a new independent 1000cc project (CRT) in 2012 and he will take part...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (22 November 2011 17:38)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

It will be interesting

to track the progress of the CRT bikes especially the Forward Racing bike as it has the most high profile rider and bike with the most testing. Surely Edwards is still pretty banged up and this will be more of a data gathering exercise than out and out speed. I would think the Sepang test at the beginning of next year will tell us more about the pace of this bike compared to other CRT's and Factory made bikes.

Reply to this Topic
davevr46

Feb 11

davevr46 says:

I dont think colins lap times will be the same as the 'new riders on CRT' i think he will be quite a bit faster.

with the extra fuel and other less restricted limits for CRT, i wouldnt be suprised if colin was faster on this than the tech3 800.

he's one of the bigger guys so the extra cc's and torque will help him a lot.

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Brilliant

As said already it will be very interesting to see how well a rider of Colins skill goes on a productiion based engine albeit in a special frame. If he goes well, which I agree , is likely then it will add fuel and support to the demise of the exorbitantly expensive useless for nothing prototypes to say nothing of the return of close exiting racing. Good luck all round

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

No doubt Colin should be one of the benchmarks for crt but can't for the life of me figure out why they are testing at Jerez?? According to Stoner from the the other week only it's an oddball track the data from which is only useful for there! s'ppose they are just trying to reference the last test or something.. Better tracks to work on the development of the bike...

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Old and wise

Good luck to Colin with this endeavour. Stoner was talking about Valencia,not Jerez,I recall as a test circuit.

Will experience dominate youth in Sepang testing ? Will Colin on the BMW show Stefan on the Honda a thing or two ? I doubt it. As ever, Colin will have his moments. 

The most important American rider in GP 2012 is Ben Spies. I somehow think he will enjoy his first great season.  

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

I have no idea how quick he will be relative to the factory bikes (do any of us??) but I do know that they can hand the CRT championship trophy to him now.  

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Ivebeenthehero

I for one would,nt bet against that,unless a very good super bike rider got a decent bike/engine. EgJosh Hayes, Hey what about Tommy Hill Then,that would be fun to watch eh.

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

Ban the prototype bikes get every one to ride crt bikes then we might have some exiting racing.  Hang on wouldnt that be wsb

Reply to this Topic
SV659Nut

Mar 09

SV659Nut says:

Me 2...

I'm really excited about the CRT teams this next year. It will be interesting to see how they progress as the year goes on. I hope they do really well (eventually) and that the strangle hold the manufacturers have on the rules will soon dissapear.

Bootlegger - Right on about Spies. I fully expect him to be banging bars with Dani, Jorge and Casey next year. And, if we are lucky, Vale will be right in there with them. I would love to see Vale smokin' on that big red machine from day one. Old and washed up - I THINK NOT!

Go Spies!!!

Reply to this Topic
motogpnorival

Feb 10

Get your heads.........

....... out of your arses........ CRT will be a disaster for Grand Prix Motorcycle racing..... mobile bollards at best, who ever has the misfortune to sit on the things.... Trying to race on the cheap at this level is a huge exercise in false economy....... worse than the disaster that is Moto2....... mind numbing bollocks for the dumbed down force fed superbike junkies, that wouldn't know a decent bike if one hit in the chops..... Keep smiling Colin you have managed to squeeze another year out of your placement with Dorna to make the whole thing look high profile......take a page out of Wayne Rainey's book, when asked what he would be doing if he wasn't in Europe racing motorcycles..... He replied... " at home cutting my grass"..... Get a ride-on it will feel like your CRT......

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices