Skip to content

Discuss This Colin Edwards set for Suter/BMW debut MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Colin Edwards set for Suter/BMW debut

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Colin Edwards set for Suter/BMW debut

Colin Edwards will get his first chance to understand the performance potential of the new Suter/BMW 1000cc machine when he makes his debut for the Forward Racing squad in Jerez tomorrow (Wednesday). The American is the highest profile rider so far to sign a deal to ride for a new independent 1000cc project (CRT) in 2012 and he will take part...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (22 November 2011 17:38)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Princeofrepsol

If you did say what you did in that earlier comment you should have been banned off here without any second chance and I'm disappointed that MCN did not kick you off. Yet another idiot trying to make his name on here by making slanderous statements. Back to Edwards, I hope he has some degree of success next year on the CRT bike as despite those complaining about the inclusion of CRT bikes the diminishing grid needs them to make the numbers up. Who knows what surprises they may spring next season?

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

crt

I agree with an earlier poster ,these things will be no more than mobile chicanes that will need either a sun dial or an egg timer for lap times compared to the pure motogp machines,which may well be dangerous,as for Colin he is still quick enough to continue racing ,but where his motivation comes from to ride this is another matter,as for the idiot who thinks Simoncelli was not a potential champion ,clearly knows little about racing and if the other comment or posting is true then he clearly is just a cretin,i dont mind being controversial myself thats what a forum is about, but thats just a stupid remark from no fan of racing:mad:,back to the point we need more affordable race machinery like we had back in the days of over the counter tz's rg's nsr's etc,surely this generated cash for the manufacturers and helped fund there own racing effort ?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
yiqiai

Nov 11

yiqiai says:

popbiz7

New Year, are you ready? Perhaps you are a gift for Christmas to worry about, no, do not, your choice will be very correct. Trust us, your support will be our biggest Hidenobu. popbiz7.c om

Reply to this Topic
busaman195

Aug 09

busaman195 says:

top man

Great to see colin is still interested in bikes,I wish him luck for next year..

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

CRT

bikes may give some a shock on certain circuits. I remember, it wasn't all that long ago, that the late great Steve Hyslop held the all time lap record at Donnington, and was even faster than Rossi, on a Moto GP bike, on a 998RS Ducati I believe?

Reply to this Topic
fockyerdoder

Sep 11

fockyerdoder says:

CRT indicator

The real CRT indicator will be RdP if he secures a ride with Aspar, in my opinion. I believe he can get the Bridgestone to work better than Colin can.

On the other hand, who are we fooling? We have no real idea how good the various CRT bikes are. And it will take some time to get a blurry picture.

As for princeofrepsol, he is acting like a moron. But he's right with one thing: SuperSic was no alien. And basing the verdict of him to surely become one purely on the expectation of him becoming one is plain wrong. I know some people wont like to read it. But please remember, a few months ago most of you were calling for Sic's head because of his racing antics. Now you're going crazy if someone dares to object to your collective praise on the same guy. Too much hysterical posting going on here.

Reply to this Topic
luckyskua

Jan 11

luckyskua says:

CRT?

I don't see that Dorna has any choice but to try a different strategy to keep Motogp going. The Japanese economy is hardly what it used to be - when a Honda RS500 cost £40K and could get you a factory ride the following season. This year Honda want £4 million from a satelite team and they cant even keep the bike! The CRT class opens it up for minor mfr's and although next year is sure to have the biggest gap the future will be racing specials to qualify for the grid and a rejuvenated field. The claiming rule is to get the mfr's to produce the finished article and not the 3am spanner monkeys. http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/11/23/idUKL3E7MI18020111123

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

Rain

I think come the wet races we will see some CRT bikes mixing it up. Seems like a determined Randy De P, can set good times when he needs to, even if its a few banzai laps before a crash. With the way costs are going I think eventually it will be all CRT type machines, although Aprilia are pretty smart by back-dooring it and making an all in one package ;)

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

I agree with redracer. Of all the various engines i've heard of being used the Aprilia could well be the pick of the bunch. Last I heard there will be three teams using the RSV4 engine with frames built by Aprilia.

Reply to this Topic
Jun 06

alter says:

shizer

how the hell is edwards a second slower today than scott redding who is on a 600. ok i no the 600 is developed but we are talking 1000cc in a fancy chassis. it shouldnt be a second down. it means its really bad in the corners if it cant even  make up the  time in the straights, the crt is a joke.enough said

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices