You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Insurance > MCE-robbing f*****s

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

mickh13

Aug 09

mickh13 says:

MCE-robbing f*****s

i am moving house in 2 days.rang mce to change my address and got charged £40.50 for  "the admin fee".all the girl did was tap my new details into her computer and then email me.never again with these  piss taking  cnuts.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (22 November 2011 18:02)

Post a message in Insurance

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
robsot

Feb 10

robsot says:

thats a fuckin piss take.

Reply to this Topic
bryfor59

Feb 09

bryfor59 says:

admin fee

If this is fully an "Admin fee" then I have to agree with you that it is absolute daylight robbery!!!, however are you sure this is not partly due the postcode risk area changing????

:blink:

Reply to this Topic
soapes

May 10

soapes says:

MCE

I've a policy with MCE, I got a letter from them a few weeks ago telling me that my policy had been cancelled due to none payment.

I phoned them to question this and it turned out that my direct debit was being paid directly to MCE and not close bros finance, MCE had forgotten to tell the finance company my payments were up to date, resulting in me riding round for 2 days with no insurance.

They described this as a "simple" mistake!

Reply to this Topic
mickh13

Aug 09

mickh13 says:

admin charge

hi bryfor.No,deffo an admin charge,the girl even said sorry when i questioned it.as regards the area,swift cover refunded me £2.37 on the car insurance,and note this MCf*****gE, made NO charge!!

Reply to this Topic
bryfor59

Feb 09

bryfor59 says:

Admin fee

Hi Mick, if that's the case then that is an absolute scandal pal, dont know how the bastard's are allowed to get away with it, I been with them the last 2 years but dont think I will renew with them next year if that's how they treat customer's!!!

Reply to this Topic
bensewell

Feb 11

bensewell says:

All insurance do it

When my insurance rang today to try and sting me for £150 for a nonfault claim they said they could cancel the policy but it would involve a £30 admin fee...

WANK WANK WANK!

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Demand it back

Tell them it's entirely unreasonable, and you insist of having it back right away with an apology for their effrontery.   Otherwise, tell them you'll refer it to the Insurance Ombudsman and publicise their shoddy practices widely - and do so.

Also write a letter to the managing director and send it by recorded delivery.

Reply to this Topic
jimmywiz

Oct 11

jimmywiz says:

WELL heres what happened to me

Been riding a 50cc and inurance runs out on the 11th dec. 

picking up my new bike on the 2nd of december. 

i asked MCE to change the bike on the cover so i can then buy my new insurance on the 11th dec to get 1 years no claims. 

The said yes that will be fine, there will be a charge as its a more powerful bike. Ok i said its only 9 days so it cant be that much.  he siad £149.34 I said are you taking the f*****g piss. 

thay said that there was a admin charge of £40.50 and the other cost is due to it being a more powerful bike. i just put the phone down on them ass holes. 

so if you work that out for 9 days it would cost me £108.84 - so a day costs £12.10 for a year that would be £4401.98 and that was only for third party. 

NOW THATS TAKING THE PISS

so i just forgot about the 1 years no claims 

Reply to this Topic
CBRJGWRR

Aug 11

CBRJGWRR says:

Jimmywiz...

Your no claims bonus can be used with any insurer.

Just let the current policy run out, and tell the next insurer who your policy was with, and most of the time they do the rest.

You may have to send off paperwork proving you were insured, but that isn't difficult.

104 quid to insure a 125 as first geared bike isn't that bad.

4 and a half is rubbish.

My RS 125 was 350 to insure in Lincolnshire, and my scooter had been 250.

That seemed alright to me, it was a fifth or sixth of what everybody else was paying...

You must live in a lower risk area than I did, and that was in the middle of nowhere. 3 miles to the nearest signposted villiage, and if you wanted civilisation, that was 10 miles away.

The fact I lived 3 miles from RIDE magazines greatest riding road was a great bonus...

Reply to this Topic
jimmywiz

Oct 11

jimmywiz says:

CBRJGWRR

the £108 was only for 9 DAYS not a whole year and i dont think i can wait 9 days for the current insurance to run out and get my new bike as by birthday is 2nd and the insurance runs out on the 11th so i wont have a no claims on my birthday and £108 for 9 days means that a year would cost over £4000 for a year 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices