Skip to content

Discuss This Honda NC700X first ride First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Honda NC700X first ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Honda NC700X first ride

Honda’s all-new NC700X is currently being put through its paces by MCN Chief Road Tester Trevor Franklin in Portugal. Here are his impressions so far: “Honda is promoting its new bike as a step up from a 125 for people to get their first taste of an adventure bike that is confidence-inspiring because of its stability, comfort and agility. “But the main...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 November 2011 12:33)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Banzai600

Feb 06

Banzai600 says:

NC700X

It looks ok, price is ok, mpg etc is good.

No big bike for the experienced rider but for what it offers regarding mpg or moving from 125cc i think its ideal. Just dont put it up against an F800GS or Tiger, that aint the makret its aimed at.

With regards to the luggage, i dont think its new (mentioned elsewhere), looks the same as whats on my current CBF600s ( i stand to be corrected on that one just in case ).

Tell me Trev, did you get the front wheel aloft, there's a challenge !!!   But seriously,keep us posted on the actual miles you get from the tank as well as opposed to the mpg.

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

80mpg...finally

£5850 and 80mpg, I think those are two arguments that should sell a few. Finally some engineers are starting to understand that we expect bikes to be less thirsty then our cars on petrol.

Reply to this Topic
rog5150

Jun 09

rog5150 says:

Convenience

This will set on convenience, I had a Tmax and rode it more than my bikes because of easy of use. this is similar but maybe better. Helmet storage while you stop and luggage after, looks good (to me) comfortable, sat on one at the NEC, and enough power most of the time. Good price in this day and age also.

Reply to this Topic
sj_edinburgh

Apr 04

sj_edinburgh says:

Looks like a modern successor to the Revere/GS500/CB500 but NOT a competitor to the Tiger or F800GS. Should sell well at that price, the NC700S should come in a just over £5000 judging by the already published Honda Italian prices. As mentioned the DCT will probably be around £700 more - might well be worth the money it works well.

Reply to this Topic
yiqiai

Nov 11

yiqiai says:

popbiz7

New Year, are you ready? Perhaps you are a gift for Christmas to worry about, no, do not, your choice will be very correct. Trust us, your support will be our biggest Hidenobu. popbiz7.c om

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Like black and white, but...

Looks good, but rather lacking in storage compared to my Deauville.  Built-in hard saddlebags with tip-over protection would make it a lot more useful.

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

Disapointing...

My initial reaction is disapointment to its performance and its chain but in truth that probably doesn't matter. If it has a low purchase price, 8000 mile service intervals, looks like a bike but has better storage, acceptable performance and good economy combined with a  good fairing that keeps the weather off I suspect i will be buying one within a year or two. The only question on my mind is if I need two bikes one for normal commuting and one for fun...

Reply to this Topic
snailofsatan

Nov 11

snailofsatan says:

how will this be compared to a ER6 for power & overtaking?

Reply to this Topic
sj_edinburgh

Apr 04

sj_edinburgh says:

It's 15hp+ down on the ER-6 and redlines at 6500rpm, is heavier too, so don't think this will match the ER-6 for overtaking etc. Not saying this will be a bad bike just that it's aimed at a different market, despite being similarly priced. It's really designed for low maintenance, good fuel economy and easy of use.

Reply to this Topic
sack1

Aug 02

sack1 says:

I could see..

This is the kind of bike I could see come with an available "Stage II" kit which would boost engine performance up for those willing to sacrifice some economy for power.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices