Skip to content

Ask an Expert Huge Gear Clearout to sell - where?! Clothing

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Clothing > Huge Gear Clearout to sell - where?!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

wlshyd

Nov 11

wlshyd says:

Huge Gear Clearout to sell - where?!

Hi all - newbie here looking to get started in the 2-wheeled world after always being a 4-wheel lover.

However, my folks who don't ride anymore have loads and loads of stuff to sell - I have put it all on eBay and preloved and haven't had a sniff, and I think it's on cheap for around £200. We are moving and just need to get rid of it, plus I have no idea how long it'll take me to get riding, plus not sure how much of it'll fit me anyway.

There appears to be no 'Gear' forum on here to sell on, any tips of where to sell?

Thanks in advance

Dan

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 November 2011 13:08)

Post a message in Clothing

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wlshyd

Nov 11

wlshyd says:

clothing

Any ideas guys?

Have it for sale in couple of places but nowhere seems to be getting anywhere.

I thought I'd have my hand snapped off given everything that I am flogging! (4 helmets, 2 pairs boots, 4 pairs gloves, 5 jackets, 2 bottoms/leathers, 1 rain suit, heavy grade chain with padlock.

All this must be worth hundreds and hundreds, a lot of it has either been worn once or never properly

thanks

Reply to this Topic
CBRJGWRR

Aug 11

CBRJGWRR says:

Helmets you'll struggle to sell second hand...

To be honest - nobody wants a second hand helmet.

Do  a swap - 800 quid and the gear  for a learner legal RS 125?

The ad is on the first page of "buying and selling bikes" bit.

Reply to this Topic
bensewell

Feb 11

bensewell says:

eBay ID

Whats your user ID?  I'll check your stuff out :)

Reply to this Topic
wlshyd

Nov 11

wlshyd says:

clothing/gear

hi mate - my eBay username is wlshyd same as on here.

I understand nobody wants 2nd hand helmets, but the two HJC ones have literally been worn once or twice, couple of the jackets are as new, as well as the leathers, some gloves (especially the Akito Carbon ones) and other bits and bobs.

Check it out

cheers

Reply to this Topic
darich

May 11

darich says:

probably

get a better respoonse if you sell the items individually.

I appreciate it's really good condition and a bargain, but who really needs all that stuff in the one purchase?

I think separate items is the way to shift it.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

List

them separately. Also consider the time of year. Most people aren't looking for bike kit just now, they're thinking more about the expense of Christmas. Bike kit shops have to put on sales this time of year to get people in.

As for the hats, they may well have been worn only once or twice, but how old are they? If they're a few years old then people won't want them if they've any sense. It's like buying a helmet that has been on display - you've no idea whose greasy, nit ridden head has been in it, if it has been dropped and how long it has been out. Ebay is full of dodgy bastards so they're perfectly entitled to not trust you and assume the hats are dodgy. I'd list them separately one more time with an honest history (worn once, 1 year old, made of, etc etc.) and the manufacturer's product blurb. Listing the material they're made of gives people an idea of how long the hat last left in it. If it doesn't sell again, I wouldn't waste any more money listing them again until next season.

I would never touch a second hand helmet and I'd be skeptical if it was a friend giving me an old hat. I've given a helmet to someone before knowing it's in perfectly good nick and I'd wear it myself. Buying one off ebay is a totally different matter as, whilst you may be a perfectly honest person, it's full of people who don't care about selling a dropped but looks good helmet and that person possibly dying as a result and most people are aware of that.

Reply to this Topic
roseyeric

Oct 11

roseyeric says:

I agree

sell them as separate items - you're narrowing your field at the moment to someone who fits all the items you're selling and who is looking for everything you're selling. Separate listings will probably bring in more money too.

Reply to this Topic
roseyeric

Oct 11

roseyeric says:

oh

and where possible, offer posting as that opens up your market too. And accept that you're not going to get much at all (if anything) for the helmets

Reply to this Topic
bensewell

Feb 11

bensewell says:

Shame

Shame i'd have bought a few things but i'm a bit ahemm larger than you :)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices