You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Legal > bikes in bus lanes

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

84tony

Nov 11

84tony says:

bikes in bus lanes

hi, newbie to the forum but not bikes. 20+yrs. 

on my way to work i use the bus lanes. (legally) on monday i recieved  a penalty charge for using a bus lane illegally. the case for the defence is as follows. if i enter a bus lane half way down, between two stationery vehicles as i did, i have no way of knowing wether i can use it or not until i reach the first blue exemption sign, by which time the penalty is already on its way. d'ya think there is an argument there. thats my first newbie post over. thanks for taking the time to read it. 
Tony

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 November 2011 19:43)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MakemRider

Jul 11

MakemRider says:

Bus Lane

Unfortunatley I think you were in the wrong.

A bus lane is for busses and operates 24/7 unless signed to the contary. Qutie often cyclists & taxis are allowed to use them, sometimes motorbikes are allowed, some are classed as 'no car' lanes basically anything (vans etc.) other than a car are allowed. Then there are part time lanes (usually operate 7am to 7pm mon to sat) where outside these hours they are normal lanes and SHOULD be used as such

It is your responsibility to check the signs prior to using them and you should work on the principle that they are for busses only UNLESS YOU KNOW FOR CERTAIN you are allowed in.

Sorry but, pay the penalty & learn the lesson.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle