Skip to content

Discuss This Video: Yamaha OW-01 revisited First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Video: Yamaha OW-01 revisited

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Neeves  says:

Video: Yamaha OW-01 revisited

Back in 1989 Yamaha created the OW-01, a homologation special built for superbike racing. With a staggering £12,700 price tag, it cost more than the Honda RC30 and with only 500 built, the Yamaha was more exclusive too. In this video, MCN Senior Road Tester Michael Neeves gets to realise a 22-year old dream and ride this classic superbike for the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (24 November 2011 17:02)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
LaughingGas

Oct 08

LaughingGas says:

The sound is slightly out of sync, but it's still a good review. A real trip down memory lane.

Reply to this Topic
cbrpilot

Sep 03

cbrpilot says:

OW01

I was lucky enough to get my arse on one back in the early '90's, along with an RC-30. The RC was a better handling bike but the 01 packed more punch.

Sadly, niether of them were mine....

Reply to this Topic
dropdeadfred

Jul 04

dropdeadfred says:

Speedo

Nice vid guys, but what's with the disconnected speedo? Is it so we can't see how fast you are going or is that how folks keep the milage down on classics?

Reply to this Topic
TinkerNZ

Oct 09

TinkerNZ says:

3TJ sp

I had a 3TJ sp, it must of cost yamaha almost as much to make. 120km/h first gear and flatslides standard.

Reply to this Topic
groeneveld

Jul 09

groeneveld says:

Great Video

I like the passion, make's me smile!!

Reply to this Topic
DaveyM

Aug 03

DaveyM says:

Anybody else recognise the A251 Ashford - Faversham Rd, I use it a lot myself as a fun road, ruined with the new speed limits but hey...................no speedo cable so no speed on camera, just incase your stopped.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

It's too bad that I can never get the videos to work on this web-site. I'd have loved to see the OW-01 put through it's paces.

Reply to this Topic
SPIKER40

Apr 06

SPIKER40 says:

Glory days

Brilliant video, always loved the OWO1 .....how can something so old still look so good; It was just so far ahead of itself when it first came out; would love to own it !!

Reply to this Topic
Kazungu

Dec 11

Kazungu says:

Pure Sex!

Great review for a great bike. Can't wait to get mine back! "Come on Pete, don't keep me waiting too much longer." Does anyone know who makes the exhaust that's fitted to the bike in the video?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices