Skip to content

Ask an Expert 600 Bandit follows road lines Suspension

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Suspension > 600 Bandit follows road lines

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

gazzoowen

Nov 11

gazzoowen says:

600 Bandit follows road lines

I've just come back to bikes after a long absence and I love my 2002 K2 600 Bandit but it gets very twitchy over road repairs and lines - especially in the wet.

Does anyone know why this happens, it it a tyre issue or a suspension issue? and what can I do about it?

Tyres are 120/65 and 160/60 Bridgestones.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (24 November 2011 20:11)

Post a message in Suspension

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bryfor59

Feb 09

bryfor59 says:

"Twitchy"

if by twitchy you mean slight feeling of loss of grip then this is normal if you run over white lines or the smooth tar that surrounds repairs in wet conditions, if you mean that you get a feeling that the steering is being slightly pulled then again this is quite normal if hitting slight ruts in the road at or around repairs, or highish road markings, best to try to avoid these, would not think there is anything wrong with your bike, although its always worth checking and keeping your tyres at correct pressures

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

bandit

How worn are your tyres?? Is the rear "squared off"?

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

grip

Welcome gazz,what tyre pressures are you running on?

Reply to this Topic
robsot

Feb 10

robsot says:

My bandit was the same mate.. and a few other people i know have said it as well..

Reply to this Topic
Amateurcynic

Jun 09

Amateurcynic says:

Firstly

Check your tyres for both correct pressure & for wear and also that you've got a matching pair!

Reply to this Topic
gazzoowen

Nov 11

gazzoowen says:

Thanks for everyone's comments.  As front tyre is a barely legal 120/65 BT014 and rear is a fairly new 160/60 BT021 I'll get a new 120/60 BT021 on the front and see what happens.

Tyre pressures are as per manual: 30psi front 33psi rear.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Tyre pressures.

Also consider whether your tyre pressures should be based upon Suzuki's recommended level (in 2002 on then-current tyres) or at the tyre manufacturer's 2011 recommendation (below) which is specific to your bike and year on tyres of modern construction.

Bridgestone link here

Reply to this Topic
robsot

Feb 10

robsot says:

I ran 36psi front and rear oin my bandit.. Pirelli Diablo's..

it never liked white lines though.. Bandits dont!

Reply to this Topic
vale4ever

Jun 07

vale4ever says:

tyres

New front tyre should sort it out. Ive got same problem on hornet when tyres are cold because uneven front tyre wear 

Reply to this Topic
gazzoowen

Nov 11

gazzoowen says:

Sorted:biggrin:.  A new 120/60 Bridgestone B021 on the front has transformed the handling and although it still follows lines, it doen't feel nearly so skittish.  Fitter commented that the original 120/65 fitted on the front was a special fitment for a Kawasaki and couldn't understand why anyone would fit this tyre on a Bandit:unsure:.

Only Q now is whether to go with Suzuki's pressures of 33-36, or Bridgestone's 36-39. Any views?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices