Skip to content

Discuss This Colin Edwards: “We’ve got a huge to do list” MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Colin Edwards: “We’ve got a huge to do list”

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Colin Edwards: “We’ve got a huge to do list”

Colin Edwards ended his debut test on the Forward Racing Suter/BMW in Jerez yesterday admitting the new 1000cc project needs major improvements ahead of the 2012 world championship campaign. The Texan said he was pleasantly surprised with the early potential of the new bike, which will race in MotoGP next season as part of new CRT rules that allow highly-tuned production...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (25 November 2011 10:43)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Ban the geeks..

I think for the purposes of understanding the issues with the CRT bikes we can take what the Texan Tornado says as gospel - so very Interesting that it is the electronics causing most the gap. Ban the elctronics I say as they have in BSB. It would save everone a fortune in geeks with laptops.  

Reply to this Topic
ChimneyPortions

Oct 11

Marco

Do you have to refer to the crash with Marco every time Colin Edwards name is mentioned.

I think we all know Colin was involved and it must be a pretty sickening thing to live with even without people bringing it up all the time.

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

ChimneyPOrtions

Yes , your absolutely right, the same as whenever they mention Rossie,Batiste,Ayamaha, etc etc.People who care already know this and obviously think of Marco anyway and don't need reminding. Agree also with I've we the hero about the electronics BUT surely the real question is do we want to have a pure no holds barred prototype championship or not with minimal restrictions ?.Could it be compared to space travel ie do we want or need to go to mars/moon etc ?

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

PS

Remember that without the 'the geeks' we probably would not have PCs and so would not have this MCN forum !

Reply to this Topic
Short173

Apr 11

Short173 says:

Yes,

But this Forum is available to everyone the electronic packages are not available to all the teams.

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

Likewise to mars and moon though !

Reply to this Topic
Agostini15

May 09

Agostini15 says:

Oh dear,doesn't look to good

Seems to me that these CRT bikes are going to need a whole bunch of cash spent on them to make them competative enough to race in Moto GP which is what Dorna wanted to avoid in the first place so I can't see that working out too well.

I think It's time to bring back the 500cc 2-stroke machines again,cheap to run and they don't need millions of pounds/dollars worth of electronics on them to make them work.That would be a better option than Dorna pulling the plug on prototype GP machines which is what the championship is all about in the first place.HRC have said they will pull out of the sport if Dorna do that as would most of the top riders.Things aren't looking too good at the moment,Dorna are doing a great job of killing off Moto GP.Since they took over running the series things have gone steadily down hill.

Reply to this Topic
motogpnorival

Feb 10

"We've got a huge.......

.......to do list"...... not really, get on the internet and get yourself a one way ticket back to Texas and take the bike and the rest of the team with you...... before you disgrace our great sport any more........

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

can you hear them ?

All those pennies just dropping !,its no surprise to me ,its like racing a 911 against a red bull f1

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Im sure it will be better come the start of season in 2012 me being the eternal optimist I am.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices