Skip to content

Discuss This Colin Edwards: “We’ve got a huge to do list” MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Colin Edwards: “We’ve got a huge to do list”

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Colin Edwards: “We’ve got a huge to do list”

Colin Edwards ended his debut test on the Forward Racing Suter/BMW in Jerez yesterday admitting the new 1000cc project needs major improvements ahead of the 2012 world championship campaign. The Texan said he was pleasantly surprised with the early potential of the new bike, which will race in MotoGP next season as part of new CRT rules that allow highly-tuned production...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (25 November 2011 10:43)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

CRT

Sounds like, listening to Edwards, that these bikes are going nowhere fast. In fact they could be a danger if they're as far behind the "real" Moto gp bikes. As has been commented earlier, Moto gp is steadily going down the pan, 250 singles!! Honda 600 stock engines and now stock 1000's. It all sounds  like a recipe for a disaster waiting to happen for "Moto gp" It really is/has losing/lost all credibility to be called Moto gp. Apart from Ducati, Honda and Yamaha what have we got?? some very basic macinery, not what Moto gp is supposed to be about. It's getting like not much better than a production class. Seems to be getting worse each year, losing  all credibility, and the way Dorna are heading with it I don't where it's going to end up or, perhaps I should say, I don't want to think where it's going to end up! Ciao

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Go Collin. If anyone can tell the CRT teams to step it it up it would be Colin. Still this will go nowhere fast. I wonder about next year, there are great things! BSB in Assen? Good for me! Nori Haga (my favorite rider ever) not even sure of a ride yet? Supersic not with us to spice up moto gp on the 1000cc Honda. Not a Rossi fan, but i really hope Ducati will pull something out of the bag. And with Supersic gone and Nori Haga having to scrap for even getting a ride? Here"s hoping for Maverick to take the stupid Moto3 title.

Reply to this Topic
Agostini15

May 09

Agostini15 says:

World Series

If Dorna do pull the plug on prototypes I can see everyone involved in GP racing forming the World Series the riders of the 70s tried to form back then,only this time it will get full support by all concerned and will actually happen.That way they keep prototypes and off load Dorna.I understand there is a desperate need to make savings and make the series more competitive for teams and riders but i don't see this as the way forward.Moto GP will be worthless without prototype GP machines.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

motpgpnorival?

how can you just come out with that crap, these rules are put in place to save the series, and no shame in edwards giving his all to the sport, how do we not know casey and rossi will be on similar bikes in a few years beacause of costs?? or rules met half way. think a bit more there doh.

Reply to this Topic
pinkerton2964

Nov 11

Shakedown test

I don't think the times are terrible for a shake down test. I imagine the first time they test the bike they are concerned with ultimate lap times more like reliability ride position tyre wear and feedback. Not to mention the fact that Edwards is clearly not at his best health or confidence wise. From this basic set up these bikes will make leaps and bounds before they settle at tenths. I doubt very much that the bike is on the weight limit. I think by the end of next year there wont be a huge gap between the prototypes and CRT. 

Reply to this Topic
pinkerton2964

Nov 11

Shakedown test

I don't think the times are terrible for a shake down test. I imagine the first time they test the bike they are concerned with ultimate lap times more like reliability ride position tyre wear and feedback. Not to mention the fact that Edwards is clearly not at his best health or confidence wise. From this basic set up these bikes will make leaps and bounds before they settle at tenths. I doubt very much that the bike is on the weight limit. I think by the end of next year there wont be a huge gap between the prototypes and CRT. 

Reply to this Topic
pinkerton2964

Nov 11

Shakedown test

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

RDP was a second faster on a WSB Aprilia with Bridgestone tyres so they may surprise a few people with the Aprilia built prototype chassis. Mind you the BMW also started life as a motogp machine.

We already have a one make tyre rule, why not a one make electronics package?

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

how quickly we forget .... i can remember the giggles two years ago when the first Moto2 times were published, and those that were saying that a WSS CBR600 was as fast if not faster than the GP machine.  it's clear with the interest in Moto3 and Moto2 that, eventually, Dorna will want Moto1 with a grid full of CRT bikes.  with Moto2 clearly being the most competitive series with the best racing, it's a templete that the organisers want to repeat in the premier class - and if it improves the spectacle, why not?  is anyone really so interested seeing Stoner or Lorenzo riding off into the distance anymore and winning by a country mile with the rest of the field strung out by multiples of 10s of seconds?  CRT bikes are still prototype bikes - and if it makes Honda develop a new V4 engine for a new road going RC30/45 as the basis for a new MotoGP engine, bring it on ... and before anyone gets carried away with WSBK leaping ahead, think again - they're in the same boat and will ultimately follow the BSB lead and run to Evo-type rules, like they should do already.  manufacturer-led break-away series?  don't make me laugh!!

Reply to this Topic
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

It would be silly to phase out the Factory bikes , even though we like close racing we still want to see the best a bike can be not a fully restricted machine. As has been said many of times on here and every where else when are they going to introduce a standard CPU . The electronics are the most advanced and expensive equipment on the bikes. Although Im a couch expert just say in 2014 a standard CPU will be introduced and all teams and manufacturors who intend on racing for 2014 must sign up by the end of 2012 . In January 2013 all signed teams shall recieve there units and have a year to test with them for the 2014 season.It gives Suzuki the chance to return on equal playing field and maybe Kawasaki and others may return. What manufactor is going to pour money into a Honda and Yamaha championship.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices