Skip to content

Discuss This Aspar confirms Aprilia deal for 2012 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Aspar confirms Aprilia deal for 2012

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Aspar confirms Aprilia deal for 2012

Spain’s high-profile Aspar squad has officially confirmed it plans to race in the 2012 MotoGP world championship with an Aprilia RSV4-powered 1000cc project. The team has also confirmed the signing of French rider Randy de Puniet, who tested a hybrid Aprilia machine for two days at the Jerez track in Spain last week. Former Pramac Ducati rider Aleix Espargaro will be the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (28 November 2011 12:30)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
motogpnorival

Feb 10

hahaha.....

..... you sound like a Coronation St. viewer...... didin't two races a day ever sink-in with you....?

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

I thought RdP put in a quite respectable time for his first ride on a bike that was also fitted with Bridgestones and CF brakes for the first time?

So most are ready to write off the CRT bikes already - but what's the answer to MotoGP's dwindling grid. Remove CRT entries and what's left for 2012?

Works bikes - 2 (or 3) Hondas, 2 Yamahas, 2 Ducatis. 

Privateers -  2 Ducatis, I Honda, and 2 Yamahas.

About 12 entries for the premier class, of which only 4, based upon current form, have a chance of winning races.

Suzuki and Kawasaki are out due to costs and with good reason as what is there to gain by pouring millions down the drain for no benefit. How much longer before the privateers just give up and throw the towell in because paying millions to lease factory equipment that will never be the equal of the factory bikes gives them no chance of winning a race unless exceptional circumstances are at play.

One way of another the costs need to come down to get entries back onto the grid. MotoGP started out as CRT decades ago, maybe it is coming full circle.

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Works Aprilia?

I think Aspar will be the CRT team to watch. With RDP riding and Aprilia supplying a complete bike thats only one step away from being a works CRT team. Max can have a job as test rider too when he retires :smile

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
cthwaites

Aug 02

cthwaites says:

So what are we at now? 5 manufacturers? 2 euro and 3 Japanese? On a more serious note: will there be an enquiry into Simoncelli? Will the helmet issue be addressed? Will they publish anything? How long do these things take? Anyone?

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

of course

there will/has been an enquiry.Regarding the helmet issue of course they will have looked at it but as some have already said on here the sheer inpact of the crash would have taken any helmet off and I am sure that will be the conclusion.
Who cares if we here or not...nothing will ever bring back Super Sic.

Reply to this Topic
adrenalin

Jun 09

adrenalin says:

Great to see more CRT entries, especially with experienced teams and riders. However I must admit to being more than a little suspicious of the Aprilia path to CRT.  If they are leasing complete bikes to teams then they cannot comply with the CRT rules (How can anotherteam 'claim' a leased engine?) and with complete leased bikes they really should be counted as a factory bike rather than a CRT effort.

Unless Dorna keep aclose eye on this it will open a huge back door for factories to ride rough shod through the new rules and increase costs once again.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

tbh who cares if it helps fill the grid up

cthwaites: with reference to Marco Simoncelli and his helmet there has been a sort of enquiry. I saw it in the Italian news a couple of weeks after the accident. His hair and specifically the volume of it were called into question and AGV admitted he wore a shell size up to accommodate it. His skull cap and cheek pads will have been altered accordingly to bring the size back down.. My gut reaction when I read this was " how f**king obvious is that? ", his helmet wasn't just sized to his cranium it was taking in a very large volume of hair too. And therefore didn't fit properly.

By all accounts the footage from Edwards, Rossi, Aoyama and Barbera's bikes is too graphic to release but suggests along with the available other footage that the helmet stood little chance regardless.  

I currently have longish hair and my helmet (Arai RX7) fits much more snugly than it did 18 months ago when I had a no.1 all over. I've only removed the full lining and washed it to fluff it back up and not bought a different size but it feels like two different helmets depending on my hair length.

Reply to this Topic
Chrisec87

Aug 04

Chrisec87 says:

CRT rules

MCN: "CRT rules, which allow teams to tune production engines like the Aprilia RSV4 to race in a prototype chassis."

Don't the rules say ANY engine at all can be used, be it an R1, S1000RR, RSV4 or something made up in a shed by Fred. The caveat being that any other team could buy that engine for a set price and therefore introducing a cost Vs performance balance - hence the other teams "claiming" the engine. You are immune from this if you declare yourself a non-CRT team but open yourself up to the GP rules such as less fuel, more restrictions etc.

All depends how ASPAR tune the RSV4 engine and more importantly whether they can find a chassis to use it to maximum....knowing ASPAR's history he will succeed at the very least in the CRT category.

Reply to this Topic
Chrisec87

Aug 04

Chrisec87 says:

Adrenalin

The CRT rules mean that any team can claim the engines of other teams. Any manufacturer can join the CRT category as an outfit, but they must be prepared to have their engines claimed.

Reply to this Topic
adrenalin

Jun 09

adrenalin says:

Chrisc87:  How can you claim an engine that is not owned by the team but leased from a factory?  This was discussed by Dorna a few months ago but I din't think they reached any satisfactory conclusion on how to deal with it if (and it will) it happens.

For instance: The rules say you can claim another teams engine for €25,000 (or thereabouts). However if you lease your engines from Aprilia at €500,000+ per year how do you price the engine you have to give up, and how does Aprilia get their money for it? 

It makes no sense to introduce CRT rules and then also allow CRT teams to lease equipment, whether that be complete bikes ar engines alone.

Aprilia are a bike manufacturing factory, and if they want to introduce a complete lease bike (chassis and engine together) then they should be treated as a factory team and NOT as a CRT entry.  It would be different if the teams were buying the bikes of course. 

Don't let us lose sight of what has happened in 250GP and MotoGP because of the costs of leasing bikes from factories at huge expense :(

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices