You are in... Forums > General > General > Motorcycle live visitors up

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

apexgrinder

Jul 11

apexgrinder says:

Motorcycle live visitors up

looks like the show was well received this year, i think it was worth going just to see the 1199 panigale tricolore, what a bike:

Motorcycle news: motorcycle live 2011

what did everyone else think of the show?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (28 November 2011 20:09)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mostlyslowly

Apr 09

mostlyslowly says:

Good show

some good niche machinery, and some great deals on gear if you looked

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

NEC

Yes had a great time,ill be going again next year.The highlight was that Panigal very nice.:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
RoadieRoger

Mar 09

RoadieRoger says:

Show

Keep your Pani whatever , I`ll have this Italian beauty as it`s more practical and this British masterpiece .

Attached images:

1. 1041  
  2. 1054  
Reply to this Topic
RoadieRoger

Mar 09

RoadieRoger says:

Norton Parts

That was an interesting display of castings on the Norton Stand .The man from Alucast was showing the timing case casting before and after machining . I was pleased that they were made here and there`s hope for Manufacturing in this Country again .

Reply to this Topic
mostlyslowly

Apr 09

mostlyslowly says:

RR

That metisse stand was fantastic, great to see some small firms still making great bikes.  997cc 178 kg must be lively!

The old Triumph engined trials and scrambler style bikes were great looking too

Reply to this Topic
RoadieRoger

Mar 09

RoadieRoger says:

Metisse

That Metisse looked fantastic .I would take it ahead of the Norton , the Motor looks cleaner and the lines are tidier .The new small Honda 100 was interesting , part Honda 90 and part Scooter , 150 mpg no trouble . The price would have to be right as Riders of Yeovil do a Honda 90 copy for £995 OTR or £795 in the crate .

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
flookyk

Oct 10

flookyk says:

It would be

interesting to see the figures for the attendance this year compared to other years.

I have seen a blog on another site from someone attending last Thursday, saying how quiet it was and was able to take photos of many of the bikes without any people around them or even in the picture at all.

Reply to this Topic
RoadieRoger

Mar 09

RoadieRoger says:

Thursday

I went on Thursday Flook and it was very quiet , I took over 50 photos and have posted a few on various topics on here. For the previous two years I have attended on the last Sunday and it was a lot more crowded . Tuesday used to be the quietest day and one year they had 30,000 on that day .The highest the attendance ever got to was 146,000 , I can`t remember the year , certainly in the last 20 !

The costs have increased a fair bit in the last few years for us and the Exhibitors . One Stand this year cost £90,000 , you have to sell a few bikes to cover that .
My car trip of 245 miles from S.Wales cost £36 in petrol,  Entry £12 ( Pensioner ) , Car Parking £8 , £56 in all .

Reply to this Topic
flookyk

Oct 10

flookyk says:

The costs

do mount up.

For us to get down there would have been a round trip of around 400 miles at a cost of about £68 and 4 hours each way. Two tickets at £16 each (£32) or however much it was this year. Car Parking of £8 and an overnight stay (so we can get a full day in) of around £60.

That comes to around £160 before any food costs, etc when we are there. We were last there about 3 years ago and simply cannot afford to go again, especially running up to Christmas.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices