Skip to content

Discuss This New G650GS-powered Husqvarna street bike unveiled New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New G650GS-powered Husqvarna street bike unveiled

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

New G650GS-powered Husqvarna street bike unveiled

A new Husqvarna 650cc single-cylinder road bike has been unveiled today. The Strada uses the engine from BMW's G650GS. It has been shown as a 'concept' at the Paris motorcycle show but is set to go into production late next year. It's a street bike with off-road capabilities according to Husqvarna. Official power and torque figures have not been released but Husqvarna says the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (29 November 2011 13:36)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

Love the looks of it...if it has enough fuel autonomy in that small tank, I might be a buyer for a 2nd bike to have fun off road.

Reply to this Topic
davdamos

Feb 08

davdamos says:

bmvana

I like these new models husqvarna are coming out with, but I prefer this one over the nuda. And if it is similar price and fuel consupmtion, it'll be good on the bank account as well as fun. I need to do my full test soon, its killing me seeing all these nice big bikes, and I'm stuck on a crappy Yamaha sr125 :-(

Reply to this Topic
BBQdog

Jul 10

BBQdog says:

Heavy ....

170 kg for a single cilinder ? I will wait for the KTM Freeride 350 .....

Reply to this Topic
wings1372

Aug 02

wings1372 says:

Lardy

Far too heavy. I'm always baffled as to why/how they manage to add so much weight to these types of bikes.

I'd much rather have a KTM 690SMC-R at 142kg with 66hp. Just doesn't make sense to go for the Husky unless you're really on a budget.

Reply to this Topic
PingCrosby

Jul 07

PingCrosby says:

Husky....baby

I love the look of it.......now if it only had the power of my gixxer thou, then we'd be talkin.

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

This is still 100lbs less then many street bikes. Sure 44hp isnt breathtaking, but being light and slim can compensate on the fun factor. I had a Triump Scrambler that made 59HP and it was plenty to have fun, even after having a Speed Triple just the year before...

If it sells for around 8000$ in Canada, it's on my list for sure.

Reply to this Topic
Andy_L

Sep 08

Andy_L says:

As others have said: too heavy.

When I see things like this I wonder why Suzuki still hasn't made a euro emissions-compliant replacement for the DR-Z400.  It would knock this overweight Husky into a cocked hat.

Reply to this Topic
mogulthrash

Dec 10

mogulthrash says:

tempting

Hmmm, tempting. You think thats heavy - get a bandit and fill it with fuel (if you can afford to). Nice looking bike. If Nichols Parsons gets one then I will. It would need a baffle-free exhaust, unless Brussels stops that.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Husky Street Bikes?

At what point does BMW start competing with itself?

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

everyone keeps mentioning ktm's, the thing i think your forgetting or haven't owned one is, that they're competition bike, they have to be serviced none stop, parts and servicing for them aren't cheap, on the road, you have to think about your journies and whether your going near a petrol station. This bike is obviously meant for the street and will hopefully not have the same problems, and being from bmw will hopefully be reliable (again would be nice if you have owned a ktm). I think it's a good idea, you see all the young lads want this sort of bike nowadays, and after just passing their tests should be cheap to buy insure and run

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices