You are in... Forums > General > General > KTM Duke 200

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Tom221

Sep 10

Tom221 says:

KTM Duke 200

... Is it coming to the UK???  I've been finding tit bits of info on the internet and in Magazines, but can't seem to find any real information.  Apparently KTM are close to launching a 200cc version of the Duke, with a 300cc in the pipeline too.  As far as I can gather, it's being launched very soon in India, but does anyone know if and when it'll be coming to the UK?  Apparently there was one at the NEC last week?  I'll be doing my full test next year and I'd almost definitely (well, depending on the price!) get the Duke 200 if it was available.  Will I have to go to India for it???

Any insight would be appreciated, cheers

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (29 November 2011 21:58)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

it was at the bike show and was not much bigger than a 125 duke. good if you will be stuck on the 33bhp.
and it should be fast to. but lot of the other ktm off road bike were to high for me to fit

Reply to this Topic
RoadieRoger

Mar 09

RoadieRoger says:

Duke 200

Here it is , it looks the same as the 125 cc . The Suzuki Twin 250 would be cheaper and a better buy . Tom at present the Server won`t load my pic of the Duke 200 , will try later . This site seems lagging at the moment .

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
RoadieRoger

Mar 09

RoadieRoger says:

Duke 200

Finally got my picture on there for you Tom . I`ll now try the Suzuki 250 pic .

Reply to this Topic
RoadieRoger

Mar 09

RoadieRoger says:

What about this one ?

Yes that`s me ! I couldn`t help it even though I preferred the Metisse .

Reply to this Topic
Tom221

Sep 10

Tom221 says:

Thanks

Thanks for all the replies, cheers for the pictures Roger.  Was there anything about how much it was going to go on sale for, and when?

Cheers

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

bmwgs

The new staggered licensing laws don't just mean low power but also a minimum power to weight limit.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/LearnerAndNewDrivers/RidingMotorcyclesAndMopeds/DG_4022568

I've seen values of 137kg (kerb weight) and 25BHP for this bike and this is just on the borderline  to meet the new legislation. A 25BHP bike might not be considered a great bargain against a 33BHP one if thats all somebody is limited to.

Reply to this Topic
RoadieRoger

Mar 09

RoadieRoger says:

DUKE 200

The price has been quoted as £3995 , no mention of when it goes on sale .It is built by Bajaj in India and is on sale there in January 2012 .It puts out 26 bhp @ 10,000 rpm and has 6 speeds . To see details enter KTM Duke 200 scroll down to the 5th heading of Indian Cars Bikes , click on this and there is plenty of info . on there . The weight is 125 Kg .

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

KTM duke 200

The dry weight (ie without oil/ acid in battery/ air in tyres/ fuel in tank etc) is 125kg.  The power to weight figure is based on the kerb weight which is with liquids etc.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle