Skip to content

Discuss This Kawasaki Versys 1000 first ride First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Kawasaki Versys 1000 first ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Kawasaki Versys 1000 first ride

The new Kawasaki Versys 1000 is currently being tested by MCN out in Tenerife. Here is Senior Road Tester Adam Child’s first impressions: “Putting its looks to one side for a moment – beauty is in the eye of the beholder, after all – my immediate first impression of the new Versys 1000 is that it’s engine is a peach.” “The four-cylinder...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (30 November 2011 09:52)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

@piglet2010

Fair point Piggles but it is a bike from a Japanese manfacturer, even if it is made in Europe, and it is ugly :) Though more handsome than the bearded one's Kwak, it has to be said.

Reply to this Topic
Lightning Boy

Mar 07

Wrong

For me, its the wrong engine. The whole point of things like the 650 Versys is their real world, on road, usability. A 1000cc parallel twin would have hit the spot, the a nice long stroke would have been much more like it. This seems to remind me of some odd crossover specials where people have taken a Gixxer thou engine and dropped it into an off road style chassis... The Bakker Grizzly was one of the more famous examples I think. Shame really, I was looking forward to the Versys 1000.

Reply to this Topic
marty1035

Aug 07

marty1035 says:

Yawn

Yet another 'new' bike cobbled together from existing parts and technology. None of the japanese are making significant advances in weight loss, new technology or economy.

Reply to this Topic
GaryGSF

Feb 11

GaryGSF says:

Tourers

Adventure bikes are, on a whole, bought for touring. Very few see any off road stuff at all. Not everyone wants a huge lot of plastic around them when going touring and that's where adventure bikes come in. They give touring potential to people who don't want a touring bike. Horses for courses!

Reply to this Topic
mogulthrash

Dec 10

mogulthrash says:

bitsas

Marty's got it - more bitsas. An era of bland expensive bikes. Cmon Kwaka - innovate.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices