Skip to content

SUZUKI Suzuki Hayabusa's hot start issue GSX1300R HAYABUSA

You are in... Forums > SUZUKI > GSX1300R HAYABUSA > Suzuki Hayabusa's hot start issue

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Suzuki Hayabusa's hot start issue

Q. I have a 1999 Hayabusa with a hot start problem. It starts fine when cold and on choke, and also when hot if you start straight away after stopping, such as after fuelling up. The problems start if it’s left for 20 minutes or so; the engine turns over fine but it will not start. I can smell fuel when...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (30 November 2011 11:19)

Post a message in GSX1300R HAYABUSA

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mad4busas1299

Dec 12

hot start

On hayabusas the air intake temperature sensor (IAT) is located underneath the airbox (literally above the engine) on the left side of the bike near the throttle body. The problem I believe you have is heat soak. The IAT gets hot with the engine giving off its heat (especially when stationery), and this sensor provides a "hotter than actual" temperature reading when you come to start it. I relocated mine to the left hand side intake trunking beside the relay clusters. This prevents the engine's heat from overheating it when the bike is stationery. I imagine you'd have no other running problems, especially when the bike's on the go collecting cool air. Your cold starting ability tends to support this. It doesn't affect fuel economy and it's completely cured it. The hotter the sensor, the hotter your ecu thinks the air temperature is so the engine runs leaner....this makes it hotter and so.on,,,until you reach speed when the rush of much colder air cools it to an extent. Hope this helps.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices