General Winter riding General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Winter riding

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

mercymercyred

Jan 10

Winter riding

I got a few ideas on winter riding for what its worth. I ride my trusty steed all year round doing about 22,000 miles per year these are the tips that definitely work for me which I do on a budget.

Head: Obviously a good crash helmet Shoei seems to fit my nut well, along with an oxford full face balaclava and a snood to keep wind off me neck.

Top half: T.shirt,Oxford windproof long sleeve top, Thin cafe racer leather jacket, then an armoured textile jacket in my case a cheap targa one , Its not as restrictive as you think, light waterproof top packed away in tank bag.

Bottom half: Armoured textile trousers and a weiss light weight waterproof over trousers Ride magazine best buy at £16.99. They really are good and much cheaper than expensive gortex.

Feet: Any waterproof boot some cheap deals about if you shop around, plus a pair of goretex socks £16.00 on ebay, good for our boys and girls in Afghanistan. They are brilliant.

Bike: As my CBR 600 F 2011  does not have much in the way of a big screen, I have found putting a 3in 1 cargo tank bag on the bike works wonders for keeping the worst of the weather at bay going cheap at the moment from George White.

Heated grips are a must in my opinion every bike should come with them already fitted.

As for the bike, I let the bike cool down after a ride , spray muck off on then hose down with cold water. Thats it on a daily basis if you want to go a bit further give it a bit elbow grease.

Clean if you want with an sdoc product, let dry, spray some WD40 or SP60, once in a while spray with ACF50 by far and away the best anti corrosion product on the market but £13.99 a can. I sometimes finish with Mr sheen good enough for the hells angels (apparently)!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (05 December 2011 13:30)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Irwin

Apr 09

Irwin says:

latex works

Used these gloves while fishing, they do keep hands warm, but makes your hands wrinkly        :lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices