Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Blakey58

Dec 11

Blakey58 says:

Winter Textiles

Firstly, Hello everyone! first ever post on MCN :biggrin:

I've been riding a 125 for a few months now, i ride several times a week doing a 12 mile commute to university and general riding.
  I have a set of budget textile trousers and jacket which just aren't doing the job i need them to do! as i'm a student my budget is only extending to around £300 for a textile set so was looking for some advice on what's good/what to look out for.
 Many thanks, -Blakey58

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (05 December 2011 21:05)

Post a message in Clothing

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Winter Clothing

Pick up a copy of last months Ride Magazine.  They ran an extensive feature of mid-range and budget textile clothing.  Personally, I like Hein Gerike kit - if you have a branch of J&S Accessories near you check them out also.  

Reply to this Topic
yorkshirejim

Jan 11

yorkshirejim says:

textiles

Welcome to the forum.

Ive just bought a scott leathers 'new road' jacket and can honestly say its the best thing since sliced bread. I spent 2 hours today at "70" and was warm as toast when I got off. And there was snow on the ground. Its probably outside your budget but check ebay, I snaffled mine off there for under £100.

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

you could think about putting snow board jacket and bottoms over your bike stuff. i do it when i ride in the snow to keep warm and they can be very keep in the shops

Reply to this Topic
Blakey58

Dec 11

Blakey58 says:

textiles

Stopped off on the way home from uni and got a copy of Ride magazine, a good selection of textiles at a mid-range price in there. Might see if i can save up for something a bit more expensive though and just wear more layers in the mean time :smile Sorting out a subscription to Ride also, some very good kit reviews in there!

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

winter kit

Get some thermals (long johns and a top). Then lots of THIN loose layers on top.

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

Ebay...

You might do worse than go on eBay and get some second hand but good Goretex stuff (with liners). They seem to last forever only little fixings like zip toggles break where as cheap textiles leak straight away...
My trousers are from ebay (£40) and are very good. Main thing is to be sure to get a real large overlap between trousers and jacket particularly if you have a sporty bike - I have bib and braces type trousers and a normal Goretex Motorcycle jacket (£170 five years ago new). Buy much bigger than you would think you need so you can put extra layers in. My boots are second hand goretex (again about £40) and are much better than my £100 new ones were.
Get yourself some good gloves too and you should be okay but If you are still cold buy a pertex fleece (windproof)...

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Look at this:

If you're the right size (only two left in stock) a pro-shell jacket at this price is amazing value.

http://www.hein-gericke.co.uk/clothing/hein-gericke-psx-rs-gore-texr-pro-shell-jacke-schwarz.html

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices