Skip to content

Discuss This Triumph Tiger Explorer spotted testing New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Triumph Tiger Explorer spotted testing

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

Triumph Tiger Explorer spotted testing

Triumph’s all-new Tiger Explorer is currently undergoing final testing – as these pics taken in Cornwall this week prove. Snapped by MCN Senior Road Tester Adam Child in a motorway services near Exeter they’re obviously of a well-used, fully laden prototype Explorer. Child said: “It looked like it had been really well used. Its luggage was held on with a strap, the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (08 December 2011 15:59)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
roadrider

Sep 08

roadrider says:

I love the latest quick release mechanism for the topbox.....................

Reply to this Topic
moklodge

Jan 11

moklodge says:

The black with gold looks awesome!

Reply to this Topic
stu_sp2

Mar 06

stu_sp2 says:

Cant wait to test ride one, for the engine alone, bet its got some grunt..

Wonder how long it will take for somebody to slag off the heel guard....without knowing that its different to the production bikes...

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

MCN soap ?

So let me get this straight...... Adam Child just happens to be in a motorway service station, when the latest "off road" Triumph turns up looking like all bikes do after a winters worth of road salt ... except they have yet to apply the salt in Devon (worrying already)and god I'm impressed with the size of his zoom lens to be able to "snap" this bike which was parked in devon... from Cornwall, where the pictures were taken ??????

Reply to this Topic
osmanaltug

Aug 02

osmanaltug says:

Rust ... How old this bike should be .. A year old ... May be less .. Covered with rust ..think that after 2 years .. bike is turned into brown :)))

Reply to this Topic
rgvyan

Feb 08

rgvyan says:

That bike will probably have done more in the last 3 months than any 'normal' bike will do in 5 years! Plus parts on there are not production (heel guards certainly aren't), I wouldn't read much into a rusty test mule to be honest.

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Tubeless Spokes?

I'd like to know if Triumph plan on making some tubeless spoked wheels like BMW and Yamaha.  Even Honda has it on their new 700 something or other.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

rqvyan

Did the original heel guards fall off then ? and if this machine actually does more in the three months mentioned than most bikes do in 5 years then 5 years of winter riding with salt ice and general crud would surely take a huge toll on the finish.

Reply to this Topic
Kingsil

Mar 09

Kingsil says:

Testing

The whole point of pre-production testing is to iron out the glitches and spot any weak areas in fit and finish. This is standard industry practice. I look forward to the inevitable Explorer/GS test or maybe even a big group test in the spring including KTM, Ducati, and the new Kawasaki Versys.

Reply to this Topic
ianmacphotos

Sep 11

ianmacphotos says:

pipes..

Rusty down pipes arnt a good sign, hope they sort it...good looking bike, good for us shorties too after sitting on it at NEC...

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices