Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Bikerboy650

Dec 11

Bikerboy650 says:

First Ride to Spain

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me, i am planning on taking my bandit 600 to Spain next year to see some relatives but the only thing that i can't seem to get my head around is French motorway tolls and navigating in France. I know which way i am roughly wanting to go and just wanted some advice on if it is a good route or not.
I am planning on going south vie Reims, Dijon and Lyon and maybe even detouring to see the Millau bridge.
When heading back to the Uk i was thinking about the other side of France going north via Toulouse, Bordeaux, Tours and then maybe detouring to see Le Mans. Will these routes be pricey due to the tolls etc?

I have never done anything like this before and to be honest i only have a few years of riding under my belt,
I am also unsure on whether the channel tunnel or a ferry is better.

Any advice you could give me would be very much appreciated.

If you are wondering where i am going from and heading to. I am travelling from Edinburgh to Ontinyent just south of Valencia

Thanks

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (08 December 2011 22:06)

Post a message in Touring & travel

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
rolandrocket

Apr 12

rolandrocket says:

spain

dont forget your test cert.they ask to see this also.to check your bike hasnt been in spain more than a year.lots of expats ride uk reg vehicles.its illegal but they run the risk of no insurance and are also sorn.

Reply to this Topic
siward76

Oct 10

siward76 says:

Spain trip

Hi Mate

My Dad and I are planning a trip to Spain next April. Like you, it's our first time and we're also leaving from Edinburgh (well, Kinross actually, but it's like 20 mins from Edinburgh up the M90). 

I've had some great advice from a chap via these forums who's done the trip a couple of times. He reckons the way to go is avoid France and take a ferry from England to Bilbao/Santander then ride to the south of Spain. We're heading for Marbella, but figure that by the time you hit the ferry and hook up with some other bikers there's every chance you'll end up riding down together (until such time as someone peels off to go their own route, of course). 
PM me if you like and I'll cc you on the emails I've got from the chap here...I'm planning to keep in touch with him and pick his brains about kit/satnav/routes/legislation etc so it may be handy for you..

Cheers

(and if you're from Edinburgh, have you been to the Bikers Cove in South Queensferry yet?)

Si 

Reply to this Topic
fazerboy1969

Dec 12

fazerboy1969 says:

ace

ride to plymouth then ride back thru france..head for bielsa tunnel and the d999 road towards millau..awesome

then futher in central france stop at the route66 biker hostel...great night

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices