Skip to content

Discuss This Burgess: Valentino Rossi still fast enough to win in MotoGP MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Burgess: Valentino Rossi still fast enough to win in MotoGP

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Burgess: Valentino Rossi still fast enough to win in MotoGP

Valentino Rossi has not lost his winning touch and with a competitive bike could still be challenging Casey Stoner and Jorge Lorenzo at the front in MotoGP. That’s the view of the 32-year-old's legendary crew chief Jerry Burgess, who says he’s in no doubt that the Italian still has the skills and the speed to win MotoGP races. Some people have started...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (09 December 2011 10:45)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Yep

Mike I know Stoner has been critical of them but the point I was making was he seems almost unbeatable on the Honda 800 so why would he want to change?
Of course it may be the same with the 1000s but it is more likely now that other riders and teams may have the chance to close the gap and hopefully give some better racing!

And as I said at the start of last season......Go Dani GO.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

PC

I think you know what you say is bollox!
You know as well as anyone the engine size does make a difference but what spoils it more is all the electronics.
Stop winding me up bud!

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Bootlegger...

"Sure,he can be threatening,show flashes of brilliance,but doing it consistently lap after lap is becomming a tall order for him and Hayden"

I'm struggling for the flashes of brilliance... he was consistently really bad in qualifying & consistently finished midfield getting worse towards the end of the season... he got 1 fastest lap at Valencia in the wet with most of the fast guys having crashed (or been forced) out. They had consistency... I'm open to suggestions, but unless you can remember something I can't, I think it was all bad.

A few folk here have said that you don't lose talent like Rossi's overnight & he's not lost his winning touch... well it's been well over a year since his last win... you've gotta be living somewhere really dark & cold to have been engulfed in nighttime for that long... I think people are entitled to ask "prove it" after such a long spell.

Reply to this Topic
tris123

Feb 09

tris123 says:

Next year

I doubt Ducati/Rossi will get anywhere in 2012. Comes down to handling i.e. can Ducati make it handle the way Rossi likes to ride. If he really is the GOAT he'll win another WC I think even Stoner's bum boys would concede him that.
Despite Rossi having a crap year in motogp he was still the highest scoring Ducati rider (just) + he got a podium.
My money is on Lorenzo for next year, I think out of all the riders he is the most complete. Stoner is very fast but when it's close racing I think Lorenzo is a stronger rider.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Buell

Mike I know Stoner has been critical of them but the point I was making was he seems almost unbeatable on the Honda 800 so why would he want to change?
Because he has to.

Of course it may be the same with the 1000s but it is more likely now that other riders and teams may have the chance to close the gap and hopefully give some better racing!
How is the increased engine size going to help? The others get a bigger engine, so does Stoner. The others get a new 'elec pack', so does Stoner.

I could understand if Casey had never ridden a 'bigger bike' before but he has. Am i missing something bud?

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

maybe

What I am getting at is they will all have to adapt their riding styles to suit the new bikes and as the 800 obviously suited Stoner very well his advantage just may not be so much.

We all know how good the Honda is already and it will improve but can Casey adjust and ride the 1000 the way he rode the 800?

Reply to this Topic
stew1250

Feb 09

stew1250 says:

of course vale has not lost his edge.it is ridiculous to say that he has.there is no one in moto gp he hasnt beaten at some time or other.i find peoples attitudes who write him off so quickly very annoying to say the least.i admire what stoner did in 2011 and you cannot argue with the results but his mardy attitude will make him beatable when challenged by riders like rossi,spies,lorenzo etc.

Reply to this Topic
Dice350

Nov 11

Dice350 says:

Rossi's frustration.

Rossi is a legend, a racing god who has not lost the desire to win. I admire him so much, but I can't help thinking he has brought this situation on himself. He hated being beat by Lorenzo on the same machinery so much he had to leave. He and Burgess said Stoner had not been doing enough on the Ducati. Stoner was their last champion. If Rossi can't make it work, surely that makes Stoner look great. As Rossi enters his second term of employment with Ducati, my first thoughts about his move there are beginning to ring true..... Rossi may well be the most exclusive and expensive development rider of all time.

Reply to this Topic
HighRevz46

Sep 11

HighRevz46 says:

For fuck sake..

...of course he is still fast enough to win, end of 2010 on the yamaha he was injured and fighting for podiums all of a sudden he's on a ducati he's not injured and struggles to fight for 6th, yo dont lose your talent that has won you 9 champions in the space of  a couple of months, he is still competitive and jerry burgess shouldn't have to feel the need to tell you morons that he can still win. On a bike that acts like a bike he can win. Look at stoners lap times from 2010, rossi matched alot of them this year and faster sometimes so it means that rossi can ride the ducati like stoner its just that honda have made huge improvements which is evident.  And even if rossi didn't ride the ducati as fast doesnt make stoner a better rider, different machines suite different peoples riding styles...

Reply to this Topic
Ben52

Sep 09

Ben52 says:

Well fuck me!!!

Well done HighRevz, one of the most unbiased intelligent posts i,ve read on here for ages, lets hope its the start of something new and be done with the hate Rossi/Stoner/Lorenzo/Pedrosa Ducati is crap rants that fill this forum.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices