Skip to content

Discuss This 2013 Triumph Street Triple spotted! New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > 2013 Triumph Street Triple spotted!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

2013 Triumph Street Triple spotted!

This exclusive shot is one of the best yet of Triumph's 2013 Street Triple. Spotted in Spain, where Triumph has a testing base, the 2013 machine is a significant evolution of the existing Street Triple. The new bike retains key structural and mechanical elements of the current model but wraps them in a new look and has several new components aimed...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (09 December 2011 14:16)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
IamMcBobb

Nov 11

IamMcBobb says:

But why?!

That can is horrible, I loved the underseat ones. While I understand you have to restyle to stay current I just don't understand why they have these horrible triangular ones. Reminds me of the Kawasaki Sports Tourer, Z1000sx (only the cans mind). Why couldn't they have gone with inseat ones like the Daytona or underslung ones like Mr Buell made so kitch not so long ago. Looks like come 2013 if I buy a Street Triple...I'm buying second hand. Lots of styling features I do like but I feel that should go without saying when it comes to Triumphs.

Reply to this Topic
IamMcBobb

Nov 11

IamMcBobb says:

But why?!

That can is horrible, I loved the underseat ones. While I understand you have to restyle to stay current I just don't understand why they have these horrible triangular ones. Reminds me of the Kawasaki Sports Tourer, Z1000sx (only the cans mind). Why couldn't they have gone with inseat ones like the Daytona or underslung ones like Mr Buell made so kitch not so long ago. Looks like come 2013 if I buy a Street Triple...I'm buying second hand. Lots of styling features I do like but I feel that should go without saying when it comes to Triumphs.

Reply to this Topic
Nephilius

Jan 09

Nephilius says:

exhaust

Agreed, the can looks like something off a moped. I think there's probably a very good reason we've never before seen a bit of high temperature-resistant plastic bit of bodywork wrapped round the exhaust. And as for the headlight array, I thought it looked bloody awful on the second iteration of the Street Triple, and now they've gone and matched the rest of the bike to it. Struggling to see this as a step forward. In their quest to appear contemporary, seems like they've ditched much of what was good.

Reply to this Topic
DBF80

Aug 10

DBF80 says:

Exhuast slider????

Maybe the plastic is for dragging the exhaust?!?!?

Joking aside, arrow had the exhaust sorted with the low-boy system so why not just stick with that.

Like the lighter looking back end, although not sure about the swing arm. Will look good if a tail tidy can be fitted under the brake light.

Until a few decent looking aftermarket exhausts becaome available I'll be sticking to my original streety I think.

Reply to this Topic
byron88oh5

Dec 11

byron88oh5 says:

but....

Axially mounted brake calipers?  Wha? 

Reply to this Topic
Batcerb

Dec 11

Batcerb says:

I did see another photo of this bike in another publication ... Same bike, but with black fork tubes and radial calipers. Developing the R at the same time?

Reply to this Topic
Fomancu

Jul 08

Fomancu says:

yea--ok---

"This exclusive shot "--looks like he was lining up for a photo-shoot--hes in the middle of the road with the stop line behind him--right hand glove is off and on the tank---set up for gullible jornos :-))

Reply to this Topic
marty1035

Aug 07

marty1035 says:

Leave it alone

I'm not sure who at Triumph is in charge of styling these days but he or she needs to get an eye check done soon. It all started with the hideous lights on the 675/1050 roadsters. I have lots of mates keen on bikes, many of whom own a triumph, but no one, no one, has a kind word to say about the new lights. This prototype clearly says triumph are going in the wrong direction. Instead of fixing the lights, they've decided to restyle to bike to match. Must have bought a warehouse full of the new lights. Then we have the 800 gs competitor. Triumph marketing say "go your own way" while they frantically copy BMW. Finally the appalling Steve McQueen Bonnie insult. Talk about being lazy. What the bonnie needs is less market hype over a dead guy and instead less weight and a smidge more power.

Reply to this Topic
Fomancu

Jul 08

Fomancu says:

and

more than a smattering of Honda CB1000R styling---:-)

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

The Street seems to be losing its identity and becoming more like a naked Daytona 675. In some ways it's a shame. Going in the reverse direction with the Sprint 1050 going (according to MCN)does this mean there's an opening for a Daytona 1050 based on the Speed Triple?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices