Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati will be stronger in 2012, vows Nicky Hayden MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati will be stronger in 2012, vows Nicky Hayden

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati will be stronger in 2012, vows Nicky Hayden

Nicky Hayden believes Ducati will bounce back stronger next season after a tough 2011 saw the Bologna factory score just two podium finishes all year. Ducati’s campaign fell well below expectations after the capture of Italian icon Valentino Rossi, as the 32-year-old struggled to make the finicky Desmosedici competitive. Rossi failed to win at least one Grand Prix for the first time...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (13 December 2011 11:48)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Wosi

However you shape it the race wins, poles and podiums speak for themselves, how they arrived is ultimately unimportant and if you want to be pedantic the manner in which they arrived gives them greater significance. Valentino Rossi has been the man to beat since he started and like all those before him thus sets himself up for defeat at some point, no-one can win or be successful forever the game has to move on.

I still know it's possible that things can happen at Ducati and the story can be ended like it was planned and you'll end up calling me a hypocrite but what we've seen over 2011 is a power shift. In my humble opinion the only thing that will work and transform the Ducati are different boots. Casey Stoner mentioned Bridgestones getting worse since 2007 and that view was perhaps highlighted at Sepang. Casey said that Bridgestone have gotten lazy with development (he should know he knows them better than everyone on track) and the only way this will change is the re- introduction  of competition. For me Ducati should look to Pirelli anyway and sneak some laps on some different tyres to see what happens. Whether Valentino still has the clout to get the rules changed is the question. 

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

We can't have it both ways Wosi..

(which is complete bullshit anyway), but you can?

13 months with Ducati and Rossi can't even get himself sat comfortably on the thing. This tells me all I need to know about the myth surrounding Valentino and his development abilities.

Rossi was Johnny on the spot. Rising up through the ranks with his silver spoon firmly wedged in his mouth. In an era without the depth of talent it currently has, or did in the late eighties early nineties. Rossi took advantage of this in fine form. Undisputedly the best rider and always on the best bike. He was a free wheeling, fun loving champion we all appreciated.

But boy did things begin to change with the arrival of the young guns. Rossi's not stupid and sensed their threat very early. The veto of Stoner at Yamaha being a prime example. 2007 made him sweat big time, although he came back in fine style 2008 yet with Lorenzo now as a 'team mate' - albeit on different rubber, some more of his vindictive personality began to show with his snide remarks. With Stoner going MIA due to sickness (I don't know about some of you, but I call chundering in your helemt whilst wrestling a 230hp GP machine pretty damn severe), the Honda still being someway from the mark and Lorenzo still learning (stepping over) the limit Rossi took another title. But things really began to turn 2010. Lorenzo brought consistency with his phenomenal speed and in the latter half of the year Stoner and Pedrosa finally got their steeds to work in the manner they wanted them too. Rossi was gasping trying to keep up.  He'd had enough of competing on an equal footing with Lorenzo and issued his 'me or him' ultimatum to Yamaha - who wisely chose the 'him' option. Rossi and Burgess tried to big themselves up with their move to the red corner. Remember this was not Rossi's first pick ride, it was the ONLY ride left for him to take.

More spitefulness came out at the start of 2011. The 'Stoner didn't try hard enough' , 'pussies' and 'everyone hates Lorenzo' calls. The rest of 2011 is a well documented litany of confusion and abject failure. Your Princely Clown Wosi has lost his crown and simply become a clown and all through his own hubris and mouthing off. Sympathy for his current plight? Not a chance.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

your the clown nostro

what a load of twaddle you spout sometimes!
I am not even going to mention some of the pathetic statements you make as I am sure you realise deep down they are not quite true.
And before you start going on about me being a Rossi fan if you care to check you will find I wanted Pedrosa to win the championship at the start of the season.
We all know you and a few others despise Rossi but why not just say so instead of coming out with such hateful crap.
Show some respect for once you clown.

Reply to this Topic
RobinC

Sep 11

RobinC says:

Am I the only one who is fed up with this childish fan banter? Why don't you pratts go and fight it out with handbags behind the bicycle sheds, and leave this forum to real adults interested in GP racing.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

No Buelligan Boy

You're the clown - although not a very amusing one. See what I did there? I used english in its correct context.

Please by all means dispute any point I've made and back it up, rather than you normal bland sweeping dismissals.

Rossi's throttle hand couldn't keep up with his mouth 2011 and he was humbled.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Oh Yeah!

You used english in its correct context...wow your such a genius aren't you?
I will not waste my time trying to argue with you because you are never wrong...are you?
You know everything apart from the fact in reality you come across as an arrogant a**hole.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

" Rossi was not responsible for the bike's behaviour, it's Psycho DNA..that was all down to Preziosi listening to Stoners preferences and disregarding everyone else"

"Vito says he got everything he asked for, but apparently he didn't ask for much. He also states that Ducati would have to have been crazy not to follow the direction of a rider winning races..."

I take it you don't believe a word of Vito's statement 'cos you can't blame someone for developing a bike if he played no part in developing it... a bit like Rossi really... his feedback this year has been predominantly along the lines of "I don't know"... if he'd have actually been able to ride it they'd still be in the same place... is that a good thing? For Ducati, hopefully yes, for Rossi's reputation, no. He now has to salvage that & the fortunes of Ducati... time will tell but at 1 year compared to Stoner's 2 the clock's ticking & it's not started looking good yet.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I thought as much Buelligan

As usual you have no argument to make. Just abuse. Ho hum.

Odd things Buell's. Mutton dressed up as lamb is still mutton.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

stronger

yes, but you... my my my, you're always gonna be 2ND. get out of there buddy.

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

This man Most-Rod-In-Ur-Anus

seems to forget that Valentino Rossi came back early from a broken foot not completely healed, walking on crutches along with a severe shoulder injury he was carrying since the 2010 season began in April. You must have forgetten that shoulder injury, so let me remind you of it's severity. Read below please.

Following recent MotoGP tests at the Valencia circuit new Ducati convert, Valentino Rossi, underwent shoulder surgery to correct joint damage which has plagued the Italian for the majority of the 2010 season. The injury was sustained during a motocross training incident back in April that damaged both the supraspinatus tendon and glenoid ligament. As anyone who has lived with a damaged shoulder will attest, this is not the easiest injury to work through. On Sunday 31-year-old Rossi received an arthroscopic procedure performed by Doctor Alex Castagna at Cervesi di Cattolica hospital. The operation lasted for approximately two hours and will keep the former champion hospitalized over the next few days while he recovers.

"The condition of the shoulder was really critical: Valentino really had to be tough to keep racing with that kind of injury,” said the surgeons. “The intervention went well, without any complications."

Most-Rod-In-Anus, you bring up Casey shitting in his helmet as some sort of debilitating sickness....it's not and the verdict is still out on his invented sickness. Lactose intolerance cause you to shit not vomit. Nervousness cause you to vomit, we saw his hand shaking before the start of many races against Vale.

In 2010, Valentino Rossi whup Casey's ass coming 3rd overall in points, and Jorge got a serious ass whupping in the later half of the 2010 season from Dani, Dovi and Valentino Rossi (especially memorable) too. The highlight of the 2010 season was about Valentino Rossi, he brought excitement back and it have since gone missing thus far. But Most-Rod-In-Ur-Anus.....you see what you want to see......innit?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices