Skip to content

Discuss This Lorenzo boss: ‘Casey Stoner took Honda to another level’ MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Lorenzo boss: ‘Casey Stoner took Honda to another level’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Lorenzo boss: ‘Casey Stoner took Honda to another level’

The talent of Casey Stoner lifted the performance of Honda’s factory RC212V machine to a new level in 2011, according to Jorge Lorenzo’s Yamaha boss Wilco Zeelenberg. Zeelenberg reckons Honda’s 2011 bike changed very little from the RC212V that ended the 2010 campaign but it was the Australian’s skill and raw speed that made the HRC contender the dominant force last...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (13 December 2011 13:39)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
adam15holden

Aug 11

adam15holden says:

When a Kiwi says that an Aussie is the best you better pay atention, they wouldnt admit to that unless there was no other option. That doesnt happen every day let me tell you.

The runs are on the board fellas. Take notice.

Reply to this Topic
caniborrowcaseyswife

Mar 11

well said rednev

rossi and burgess are meant to be the best pairing ever !!!....seems to me last season proved there far from it, rossi fans will disagree but they are rossi fans not racing fans..

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Bang On

Wilco just telling it as it is. Nice. There are only 2 so called aliens left post 2011. Lorenzo and Stoner. Period. Heading into 2012, the pair of them have a huge task ahead. Maintaining or reclaiming that coveted #1 plate.They also have the spur of their team mates to goad them. Both Pedrosa and Spies are capable. Over at Ducati....well,they signed #46 and #69 into 2012. No worries for Wilco and Jorge on that score. For that matter,neither for Massimo and Ben. 

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

caniborrow.....

rossi fans will disagree but they are rossi fans not racing fans..

That's my experience within the majority of my Rossi loving pals sadly. One has followed him for years, the others.....................................well, most stopped watching half way through this season. Can't think why.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

RobTZ and Milky

If your so concerned about the one and only test we've had so far for 2012, what's your opinion on Rossi ?

I mean, it sounds as if your both saying Pedrosa will have the upper hand on Stoner in 2012(judging from one test) so does that mean you think 6th place Rossi will be beaten by Crutchlow(as he was 4th in the test) ?

Rossi lover, Stoner hater. Nothing worse.

Y'know, i kinda miss seeing Stoner on the Ducati.. stuff likethis from 2010 has been replaced by countless excuses and one gifted podium in just one year. Shame. It's not just the visual performance either, the GP11.1 looks more like an electronic bike than the old Ducati. It's the ugliest looking GP bike ive seen.

As has been stated true talent wins titles back to back
Can i ask what's next ? i mean, your just picking and choosing now. So if he does get back to back titles, what next ? If you have not recognised Stoner as 'true talent' by now, there really is nohope for you.

He had his one hit wonder in 2007
He got another one hit wonder in 2011

So .. not really a one hit wonder then ?

At the end of the day, it's easy to understand why some of you are pissed. You despise Stoner. He won on the Ducati and was consitently reaching the podium. When Rossi underestimated his talent, he ended up lost, and on his arse a lot of the time, with just one podium to show for it. Something tells me it will be quite a few years before Ducatii get close to another title, with different riders of course.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

As has been stated true talent wins titles back to back

No your quote bud, but this has to be one of the dumbest things ever posted....................EVER! Jeez.

I guess that counts Lawson out then (WC 84-86-88). What about Shwantz? 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

I ommited Lawson winning '88-89' purely because i could imagine the same shit being posted at the end of '88 re- a true great winning back to back titles.

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

PaceyCasey

What nonsense; how can you say at the end of 88 what may have been posted. Fact is he won in 88 and 89 against some massive competition. If Casey wins in 2012, then matters can be reviewed.

Schwantz - Good to watch and very stylish but no Rainey and chucked it down the road too often. 

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

Julian Clarey.

Are Rossi fans race fans?Some of them must be.Not many on here though.But now that STEPS are getting back together they can get go back to their first love.

Reply to this Topic
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

so by flossi fans newest spout Doohan is the G.O.A.T as he has one 5 consecutive titles. Can't wait to read the spin to the latest crap spurt . Think and remember what you say turkeys

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices