Skip to content

Discuss This Airbag suits? You ain't seen NOTHING yet: 'Safety Sphere' General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Airbag suits? You ain't seen NOTHING yet: 'Safety Sphere'

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Guy Procter  says:

Airbag suits? You ain't seen NOTHING yet: 'Safety Sphere'

A Canadian inventor has come up with the ultimate airbag, whose operation has to be seen to be believed. We don't want to spoil the surprise, so please, watch the clip before reading any further. Rejean Neron's Safety Sphere is a protective suit which inflates to a man-sized sphere, completely enveloping the rider in the event of a crash. It inflates...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (14 December 2011 12:39)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
krustchoff

Feb 11

krustchoff says:

bubble

am in stiches at that clip, rollin doon the road like a giant space hopper b fuck.Im no saying it wouldnt cut down injuries but when he was rollin down the road a wiz thinkin whit if there had been a big juggernought coming up the road he would ave bounced af it like a shot fae Andy Murry in the open championship.lol

not convinced but i,ll take one for nought, what a party piece.

Reply to this Topic
burningbush

Jul 09

burningbush says:

Hmmm

Hmmm wish I had one of these when I wrote off my RE Bullet in the Lake District in the summer. Mind you I'm not sure if I could cope with the Tango abuse, its bad enough having ginger hair!

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

Err its an animation...

Its a concept that hasn't been built yet and the film is computer generated. The biggest issues are:

1. The activation technology since it would be easy to forget to switch it off when getting off the bike (just as some current solutions).

2. Its not clear how it would protect the head - The animation cunningly ignores it and pretends that it expands completely around the head but since the suit doesn't cover this ists not clear how this would be done.

3. The outside layer is loose fitting - it would make normal riding unpleasent and would ballon and make a lot of noise at speed. If it was too stiff the inflation explsion would cause too much damage to the rider - they need to use explosive seams in a stiff outer.

Overall an interesting idea but has a lot more investment than potential.

Reply to this Topic
benghiskhan

Sep 10

benghiskhan says:

Hahahahahah

I AM NOT A NUMBER I AM A FREE MANNN!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
AFKAN

Apr 07

AFKAN says:

Hardly a new concept...

I'm pretty sure most of us probably had that idea when we were kids... and then dismissed it as a crap idea (I know I did)  :-D

Reply to this Topic
DaveyM

Aug 03

DaveyM says:

So your out for a ride, have a crash and get tangoed for your efforts lol, I'd love to see it tested in real life

Reply to this Topic
tris123

Feb 09

tris123 says:

balls

I'd rather it inflated into a giant cock that went up the ass of the driver that pulled out in front of you. That I guarantee would improve driver awareness.

Reply to this Topic
mogulthrash

Dec 10

mogulthrash says:

Yep

..then walk over to the van driver with a big fuckoff orange gun and shoot the c*nt

Reply to this Topic
magpiespower

Dec 11

magpiespower says:

Airbag suits

Do they come in any colour? lol

Reply to this Topic
ramparts

Nov 05

ramparts says:

the round orange saviour

Now I like the look of this.  The astonished gazes of onlookers, as you momentarily roll unbruised away from the scene of a nasty pounding by a big, stupid van driver scanning the map on his clipboard to see the next perfect geographical position in which he (or she- mustn't be sexist) can display their total ignorance of road manners, safety and craft, only to carry on rolling away from the scene over the nearest available precipice.

How about designing it to inflate into a cuboid?  Something that will stop rolling reasonably quickly, and be entertaining into the bargain.  Onlookers could then amuse themselves by trying to guess what number we'll land on.

Then there's the issue of vomit.  As we're reeling away from the scene, dizzy with joy and just plain dizziness, vomiting wildly, to reassure our brains that that particular function is working as it should be, we realise that the globe is orange on the outside and we've become moistly orange on the inside.

This brings me to air.  Will we emerge from this ballooon realising that we haven't just emerged from the ballon, but actually merely dreamt about emerging, as we've just asphyxiated in a lack of oxygen and an abundance of stomach contents.

Now if the designer solves these little issues it will probably become to expensive for you or I to afford.

But rest assured, all our favourite celebrities - footballers, overpaid X-factor runners-up - will be able to.  That's the important thing.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices