Skip to content

Discuss This Revealed: The secrets behind MV Agusta's F3 New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Revealed: The secrets behind MV Agusta's F3

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Revealed: The secrets behind MV Agusta's F3

MV Agusta’s all-new three-cylinder F3 is days away from going into full production and looks set to rewrite the class rules as it takes on supersport all-comers with more power, lower weight and more advanced electronics. MCN gained exclusive behind-the-scenes access to the key engineers to discover out how a tiny company like MV Agusta made a bike that looks like...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (15 December 2011 14:56)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

horses for courses

i test rode a CB1000RR and i'm sure i would have been very pleased with it had i bought one.  but i couldn't believe it had a fireblade engine in it (albeit detuned) and was a bit too plush for my liking.  having then ridden the Brutale, with it's rock-hard suspension and abrupt throttle, and a significantly higher price tag, the brain said to buy the Honda.  but it was an easy decision for me to buy the MV, because i wanted it for all it's character, the sound, the look and the performance.  it may not be the rational decision, but that's why i and many others go for the MV without hesitation.  but it's not for everyone.  but yes, the dealer coverage is a bit sparse - lucky that i live 8 miles from an official dealer.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpUKj5a_E1E     turn the volume up!

Reply to this Topic
pottersbar

Apr 06

pottersbar says:

Dealer

May I ask which dealer?

Reply to this Topic
pottersbar

Apr 06

pottersbar says:

Medal Award

What do you have to do to achieve a Bronze, Silver or Gold?

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Best looking bike ever but the price is creeping up already. Wasnt it quoted as going to sell at £9999.00?

Reply to this Topic
norville2

Jan 11

norville2 says:

Deep pockets

Nice looking bike, but my pockets are not deep enough for this, I will stick with my reliable Daytona 675...

Reply to this Topic
BillyRR

Feb 10

BillyRR says:

Sorely Tempted

I never thought I would buy a middleweight bike again, as I tend to stick to Litre bikes these days.  However, I sold an MV F4 1000 in April, which to be honest, was just too fast for British roads (like a lot of other modern superbikes these days).  Maybe the F3 is the answer.

Like the F3, the F4 also sounded like a bag of nails on idle until it warmed up, but as CosherB says, MVs are bursting with character.  Can't wait to read the roadtests.

Reply to this Topic
Idahojudgebuster

Oct 05

Another Triple

An "oversized" triple layout has a lot of potential compared to a more standard sized four.  When the 675 Daytona was introduced I remember seeing an illustration juxtaposing the outline of the 675 triple from the front with that of the 600 four it replaced. The triple was clearly much smaller and lighter than the four and the extra 12.5% displacement made up for it lowe specific  output  (horsepower pre cubic inch. I have heard Triumph went to a triple for its character but it also made a lot of sense engineering wise!

Reply to this Topic
dev_d7

Feb 08

dev_d7 says:

The looks

I would ALMOST buy this thing on looks alone, but if it is all the media is saying it is, then it should be a seriously good option in the middle weight class. Hmmm....

Reply to this Topic
R1MALPS

Nov 06

R1MALPS says:

Raising the bar

WOW! what a great looking bike. Great to see the MV August marq going from strength to strength. If a "small" company can do something like this then imagine what the big boys could do. Lets hope it rides as good as it looks cause if it does it will be outstanding.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices