Skip to content

Discuss This Liverpool City Council to charge for bike parking General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Liverpool City Council to charge for bike parking

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Bigdog365

Feb 09

Bigdog365 says:

Liverpool City Council to charge for bike parking

I recently sent an enquiry to Liverpool City Council regarding a report that they were to begin charging for bike parking. Their e-mailed reply confirms that, although not 100% confirmed yet, they are likely to begin charging for bike parking next year. Payment will probably have to be made by phone, thus removing the need for tickets to be issued. I currently...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (16 December 2011 10:20)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
itdcmy

Jan 06

itdcmy says:

Defeats the object of congestion reduction

Oh well, might as well just use the car if we have to pay. Then don't have hassle of dressing up in all the gear. Silly S*ds

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Scouseland

Was in Liverpool earlier this year.   Saw a bike right at the very end of a row of parking spaces, taking up maybe 18" of space.   Some miserable cnut of a parking warden had slapped a ticket on it.

Mean spirited, jobsworth bastard.  :mad:

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

Can you park your bike in a car space then ? Might as well.

Reply to this Topic
cairnspj

Apr 09

cairnspj says:

Parking tax spreads

First it was WestminsterCity Council and now others are thinking of joining in. Unless we band together protest and refuse to pay it will spread to everywhere just like car parking charges and restrictions.

Why not start a local campaign group; webpage/forum, attend meetings, set up a email link for people to voice their objections.

feel free to ask for (hopefully) useful advice from

http://notobikeparkingtax.com/

Paul.

Reply to this Topic
crustybiker

Apr 04

crustybiker says:

charge

what if you do not have a mobile phone??????????

Reply to this Topic
blue200tdi

Dec 10

blue200tdi says:

On mainland Europe, it is very rare to have to pay to park a car let alone a bike, nearly all tourist attractions are free to park at.

But not here, even in the middle of no where they still charge for parking, EVERY single company and council try to squeeze as much out of the British public as they possibly can get, legally or otherwise!

I really am beginning to hate this country with a passion, we're the laughing stock of the world and very nearly a third world country.

Reply to this Topic
transalprider

Sep 05

Bike parking

This is becoming increasingly common.  It has become much more difficult to find somewhere to park a bike.  On a recent tour of Lincolnshire I could find nowhere to park in a major town.  Simple, rode to the next one.  I have a little black book with all my experiences of riding logged in.  I remind myself of why I should avoid some places and return to others who deserve my custom.  Looks like Liverpool is going in to the negative side of the book. 

Reply to this Topic
KimLondon

Jan 08

KimLondon says:

Local politics

The fact is that councils are voted in by residents - businesses don't elect anyone. If locals would prefer to have fewer motorbike parking spaces then that's what people will get. It's why Westminster don't give a f**k about visitors. They don't raise any tax from visitors and are not voted in so they cater purely to residents wishes. That's politics, kids....

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices