You are in... Forums > General > General > Who here is a Solar Bear

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

jimmywiz

Oct 11

jimmywiz says:

Who here is a Solar Bear

Who here rides in the winter - and say if you a wimp and put your bike away in the winter - WIMPS 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (16 December 2011 11:03)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Amateurcynic

Jun 09

Amateurcynic says:

Confession Time!

Couldn't use the bike this morning, went out to check the road outside my house and went straight on my backside!!:wacko: (my first half mile is on untreated roads that were literally sheet ice!) Even struggled in the 4 wheeled box to keep a straight line!

Reply to this Topic
jimmywiz

Oct 11

jimmywiz says:

Had to this morning

Had to tak the bike for its first service this morning - Waiting for it now GRRRR - when i got to the bike shop that is out in the middle of no where i was going about 5 MPH and shitting my pants - The ice was unbelievable - hopefully when i pick it up after its service the ice has gone 

Reply to this Topic
Reincarnhate

Jul 11

Reincarnhate says:

I live

on a road that never gets treated, and generally the roads I ride to work on are much worse than my road.

So, I just go out onto the road in the morning and check to see what the conditions are like before I choose the best means of transport.

I'd rather be in traffic in the ole' cage than laying on the road after having lost it on some sheet ice.

Reply to this Topic
sprag

Aug 02

sprag says:

dont do too much riding in winter now-a-days

Being retired I no longer HAVE to get anywhere at a specific time  [no time clock to puch]

If it's freezing or snowing, wet or there's a hint of salt on the roads my bike stays in the garage under it's duvet and the car gets to take me to wherever I want to go. It's an 18 year old Peugeot diesel that does about 50mpg and has a very good heater which is far better than freezing my bits off on a bike and as far as I know you cant fall off or be knocked off a car.. So yes, I'm a wimp and proud of it. :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

when you

have no other means of transport and its the only mode then fair enough, but when you have options of a heater, and a very nice stereo to keep you snug ,why bother with all the bullshit of dressing up with more skins than an onion, and still freezing your nuts off the bike always comes second, until of course the sun comes out, ive done the numb fingers and falling off many times and wont be doing ever again .

Reply to this Topic
bikerbit

Mar 09

bikerbit says:

winter riding is fun on a throw away bike

I ride thru winter as best I can even bought a wee hyosung gt125 as well couple of hundred quid things ran like a dream thru alot of shit its even been left out in the snow over night and starts and runs great but haven't managed to get the bike out in few days as hill to my lock up is steep and covered in ice so have layed salt last night hopefully get it back on the road :biggrin: or there is a path that gets gritted I may use if I can get the bike to it :)

as my wee fjr sits in warm lock up lol

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Year round

I have heated clothing and back up bikes so its through the winter riding for me.

Last year there was probably about 3 days when I didn't take the bike out but that was about it.

Reply to this Topic
YoungHomer

Dec 09

YoungHomer says:

Winter warmer

I personally love riding all year round. I commute to work on two wheels but could easily get the bus and could afford to run a car too - but I've made a personal choice to hit the road on a bike.

There's no such thing as bad weather - it's just bad clothing / equipment, etc. If you're feeling the cold invest in some decent gear. Thermal layering is inexpensive and so are decent waterproofs.

I like putting on the heated grips and heated seat (which is nice because it make you feel like you've pissed yourself.):shock:

Reply to this Topic
BrandsR6

Oct 05

BrandsR6 says:

The bike rarely comes out in the winter

I have done my fair share of getting cold and wet when I was younger.  Even fell off on black ice twice (two wheels and ice don't mix very well).

I don't mind occasionally riding in the rain in the summer, or a quick blast on a dry winters day, but cold/wet/windy/ice.... no chance.

The bike takes too long to clean properly for a start, plus I don't have any winter gear and the car has a heater and a radio.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices