Skip to content

Discuss This 2012 Kawasaki ER-6n vs 2011 Kawasaki ER-6n First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > 2012 Kawasaki ER-6n vs 2011 Kawasaki ER-6n

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Jon Urry  says:

2012 Kawasaki ER-6n vs 2011 Kawasaki ER-6n

Kawasaki’s ER-6n is one of the success stories of the naked middleweight class. Originally launched in 2006, this pleasingly quirky looking machine has won an army of fans thanks to its easy-going nature and light handling. Unlike some of its rivals, the ER has never pretended to be anything other than a budget middleweight with odd styling. Brash colours and even pink...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (16 December 2011 11:17)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
HkUk

Nov 11

HkUk says:

Suspension

Front springs still too hard ? Rear shock still need replacement ? I've got an ER6F - fitted a Hagon rear shock, longer and softer front springs, and Gold Valve Emulators - and BT-023s. Now it handles okay.

Reply to this Topic
mogulthrash

Dec 10

mogulthrash says:

poor journalism

Cmon MCN - this is a lightweight article. Testing one thing against a virtually identical thing? Sorry folks, I'll not be buying MCN again until this improves. As for the rest of the paper - mainly recaps on bikes youve tested time and time again and seem to somehow feature each week. Ahhhh.

Reply to this Topic
Andy949494

Feb 08

Andy949494 says:

Sorry but I disagree...

Sorry mogulthrash but I disagree. Testing the new model vs older models is very important for people buying one second hand either now or in the future paticularly with models like the ER6 that have changed very significantly in their model life (There are many others). As an ex owner of a 2007 ER6 I have been interested to see how the model is developing... For example since the first model in 2006:

The frame has been revised in 2007.

A proper fuel gauge was introduced in 2008(or 2009?) instead of the fuel light.

The engine vibration has been reduced in 2009 by engine and mount mods.

There were also changes to the shape of the headlights etc...

Reply to this Topic
ERP30

Apr 06

ERP30 says:

Agree with Andy

Totally agree with andy949494... i think its very important to put old V new to give us an idea of how our future purchases will go.... look at suzuki for eg .. (im sure MCN will get around to it soon)I was thinking about getting a gsxr1000 for 2012 but not now because i can get an 09 10 11 for a huge saving , and i recon there is no difference between a 2011 and 2012. If MCN do a comparable test i will be able to find reasons for or against and have a better idea what direction ill go for 2012...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices