You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Legal > Insurance Issue

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

radddogg

Dec 11

radddogg says:

Insurance Issue

I was knocked off my YZF R125 in November by a woman that pulled out on me from a side road. No doubt in liability but she has been slow to return her accident form to her insurers so my insurers (AXA) won't commit to it being a non-fault claim yet.

They have paid out on my write off bike so I'm planning to pick up my new bike on Saturday. So I called to swap my policy onto the new bike,a KTM 125 Duke but they are saying they will not insure that bike and won't give me a reason why not???? They say I will need to get a separate insurance policy from another insurer yet keep paying my policy on the written off bike. Furthermore, until the liability is settled I have to declare the claim as MY fault and declare 0 NCD. Doing this more than doubles the premium I am currently paying and I simply cannot afford to pay this, this side of xmas, especially as I am still owed my £350 excess.

My rental bike is off-hired next week and I will potentially be bikeless until the TP insurer pulls their finger out in the new year.

What can I do?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (16 December 2011 14:21)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

"No doubt in liability but she's been slow in returning the accident form to her insurers"

Basically I think she's trying to avoid admitting liability to protect her own NCB - on the other hand, (as daft a question as it might sound) she DOES have insurance doesn't she??

As for continuing the ins payments on the written off bike, if you're paying monthly then yes you'll have to as it goes over a 12month period until the full premium is paid.

Get on to your third parties ins co and tell them to do their job properly (its them you should be claiming from, not your own ins).

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Insurance claim

You position is simple.  Inform the third party and her insurers of the additional costs that their delaying tactics are causing and make it very clear that you intend to take legal action to recover any/all costs incured.  You might also want to lodge a formal complaint with your insurers in respect of their poor service. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices