Skip to content

General need help... General

You are in... Forums > General > General > need help...

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Reincarnhate

Jul 11

Reincarnhate says:

need help...

So, I'm selling my bike in a matter of hours really.

Guess what? I come home from work, intending to have a quick spin just to check it's all in order for when the buyer gets here and...

...the fucker isn't working properly.

Firstly it started out like a cold engine issue, so I let it warm up. As soon as I gave it any juice it died. Now, I can full-throttle it nearly in neutral, but as soon as I try to take off I get about 4 or 5 feet then the engine dies as If I'm in the wrong gear or something (it's definitely in first...) Tries releasing clutch slower, faster, holding the bite point, more throttle, less throttle and so on. no joy.

my old man thinks It could be water in the fuel, but it only happens when I kick into first and try and move off, if that was the case surely it would just splutter and die in neutral?

Seems like a tremendously cold engine to me, what do you guys think?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (16 December 2011 20:21)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
thebigpicture

Apr 11

carb

Meant to add tap the external of the float bowl first to try and release the floats, may save taking them apart.

Reply to this Topic
tomcat69

Apr 10

tomcat69 says:

carb diaphram

I think these bikes have rubber diaphram in the top , undue the 2 screws holding the top of the carb on and pull out slider you wil probably find its split.

Reply to this Topic
tomcat69

Apr 10

tomcat69 says:

carb diaphram

I think these bikes have rubber diaphram in the top , undue the 2 screws holding the top of the carb on and pull out slider you wil probably find its split.

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

well i had a old klr 650 and the sidestand saftey switch was broken so it would kill the motor when riding it so unpluged the wires and it worked fine now. i aslo cut the wires on the clutch switch as it was not working right and soldered the to wires together so i did not have to hold the clutch in when starting the bike and it started fine. the bike i own now has never had saftey switches and i have never had a problem

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

after the

carb check ifg it still does it, try the tappets on the inlet side ofg things defginately starvation on the fuelling side of things.

Reply to this Topic
Reincarnhate

Jul 11

Reincarnhate says:

well

being a rookie I got my uncle in who's a mechanic to lend a hand, turned out there was a bit of a water contamination problem in the fuel line/carb, obviously it hadn't fared too well in the cold weather and some water had found it's way into the carb. Drained it all out and went for a hoon, works as well if not better than before

maybe the carb needed a clean anyway.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices