Skip to content

Discuss This Dorna gauging factory opinion on future MotoGP rules MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Dorna gauging factory opinion on future MotoGP rules

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Dorna gauging factory opinion on future MotoGP rules

Dorna boss Carmelo Ezpeleta is in the process of staging individual meetings with senior management from Honda, Yamaha and Ducati over plans to introduce radical changes to technical rules in MotoGP. With the on-going global economic crisis continuing to have a major impact in the MotoGP paddock, Ezpeleta has threatened sweeping rule changes to slash costs in world championship racing. Ezpeleta has...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (16 December 2011 21:31)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Good. I doubt the factories want what he does.

MotoGP is a prototype championship, and it should be kept that way. Cut some electronics, lower the use of traction control but jesus, don't dumb down the engines.. don't make it slower. Who else enjoys hearing the bikes rev to 19000 rpm ? 16000 = backwards.

Looks like he's trying to introduce a Moto2.5 as the main class. I think the man is a muppet(Ezpeleta), im sure he's a good guy but shit, he has made some awful decisions.

Reply to this Topic
LaughingGas

Oct 08

LaughingGas says:

So basically he's as much as going to have meeting with them,he's going to kill it !!! Personally I don't agree with what he's about to do but he has to do something, but he's about to do is inject it with a poison. Is MotoGP really worth watching any more?? It's going to be so watered down you might as well watch DTM racing.

Reply to this Topic
motogpnorival

Feb 10

The first rule.........

......... should be to rid the world of Ezpeleta...... whatever happened to good old fashioned corporate hatred, when the competing factories through a thin veil of respect for their competitors really just wanted to smash the living daylights out of one and other....... instead everyone has signed up to this politically correct sanitised show , with control tyres, ECU's...... unleaded petrol, even control engines.... moto 2 is like some sick playstation game for morons, all that amazing talent that was left nowhere to go, got swallowed up by some dumbed down class, with no voice.... just shut up and join in, don't criticize......... Having seen the disaster that is moto2, the powers that be can see MotoGP heading the same way....... try freeing it up and let the factories spend what the hell they like, and inject a little hate into the proceedings, it will transcend all market forces.......false economy and an obsession with watching near road going motorcycles racing is killing every fibre of G.P. racing...

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

He's the Sepp Blatter of the racing world. Period.

Reply to this Topic
HighRevz46

Sep 11

HighRevz46 says:

Go on dorna run to honda like pussies...

....ask them what they want, and give it to them like we saw 5 years ago, look how that worked out!

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

can you please explain to me how Moto 2 is a "disaster"?

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Go on dorna run to honda like pussies....ask them what they want, and give it to them like we saw 5 years ago, look how that worked out!

Yeah, Yamaha won 3 out of 5 titles genius. Honda just the one, by a rider in his first year with the team. Can't think who it was though .. help me out ?

staging individual meetings with senior management from Honda, Yamaha and Ducati over plans to introduce radical changes to technical rules in MotoGP.

I'm going to assume you didn't read the article and went straight to the comments to have a little moan. Jeez.. some people.

Reply to this Topic
OxonJohn

Jun 09

OxonJohn says:

So what's the solution?

Ever since the CRT plan was first mooted, all I've read here is that Ezpeleta is a ...... (pick your own derogatory comment) that rev limits and control ECU's are stupid ideas, and how 12 prototypes on the grid is a disaster.

OK, so now we know what all the half-arsed ideas are, what are the solutions? It seems to me that the biggest problems (and the true villain of the piece) is the money the factories want to lease bikes to privateer teams. After all, if the biggest and probably best financed team in the paddock, Aspar, can't raise the dosh to field two Ducati prototypes, what chance do others have?

So, in the "biggest economic recession since the 1930s", instead of deriding what we've got now, can someone explain to me exactly how we convert the 9 CRT entries for 2012 into privateer prototype entries? 

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

The factories

have to make privateer machinery not only more affordable but more competitive for the satellite teams. In recent years we have seen the phenomena of the "aliens" but I think this is more to do with the gulf in performance between the works bikes and the privateer bikes, than it is the talent of the riders. Two strokes were so much simpler as a piece of machinery, which is why teams could afford to lease them, and why we saw much bigger grids back then. Something HAS to change.

Reply to this Topic
kwackanacki

Nov 09

kwackanacki says:

CRT

A total mess they should all be prototype or CRT not both, you may as well run Moto 2 with the GP boys because the result will be the same. In WSBK you have factory and customer bikes on similar pace, steps need to be taken before the series turns in to a joke. If you were a team with a budget do you A: Buy a bike and "compete" in WSBK or B: spend a shed load of cash and finish 13th at best - Total shite.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle