Skip to content

Discuss This Dorna gauging factory opinion on future MotoGP rules MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Dorna gauging factory opinion on future MotoGP rules

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Dorna gauging factory opinion on future MotoGP rules

Dorna boss Carmelo Ezpeleta is in the process of staging individual meetings with senior management from Honda, Yamaha and Ducati over plans to introduce radical changes to technical rules in MotoGP. With the on-going global economic crisis continuing to have a major impact in the MotoGP paddock, Ezpeleta has threatened sweeping rule changes to slash costs in world championship racing. Ezpeleta has...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (16 December 2011 21:31)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
professional

Dec 11

professional says:

Uggs Clearance Sale

Qiao Feng went to Gusu, this is Murong Fu Deputy main fact of identifying GaiBang Ma Dayuan was killed by the fame of his own stunts, but help in the process, he was to testify to the Khitan people. To unravel the mystery of their life experience, his North to shaoshishan, his adopted father Joe found three Huai and mentor Xuan, killed two people have been killed, witnesses who are thought to be by Qiao Feng. He sad exception, beyond dispute, to save the lives of the girls A Zhu, vs function place, and there's an enemy of the hero, see after killing too many wanted to cut one's throat for relief, but was saved by a mystical Kung Fu Master.
Yanmen pass, he was distressed by their own life experience, and an inferiority complex when he saw the Song Bing massacred the Khitan people, such as enlightened, insight now, no longer to Khitan people to shame. To find an enemy, he and Zhu and from far away, and explorations, pumila affection on the way, love each other. After being deceived by Ma Dayuan's wife, resulting in dropped killing posing as father Duan Zhengchun A Zhu, man of constant sorrow. And promised A Zhu, looking after her sister Azi. http://www.discountuggsbootssalestore.com/

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Stoner    2
Lorenzo 1

Got to be Stoner for showing such dominance, though i will say this. Lorenzo thoroughly impressed me with how agressive he was at the start of each race. Several times he would let the brakes off and go around the outside of other riders into the first corner, so good on him for that.

Reply to this Topic
jackinthebox

Dec 11

jackinthebox says:

Yes Stoner

For last season but reckon if the Yam had been up to it Lorenzo would have won.
Put them both on the Honda and my money would be on Lorenzo everytime!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Stoner deserves it rider of the year Honda and him a scary thought but the Yamaha wasn't far off but next year will be a different story.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Rider of the year.....

...................only one choice no matter what colour pants you wear.

Put them both on the Honda and my money would be on Lorenzo everytime!

Jackinthebox.............................Good for you. I guess that is an 'anyone but Stoner because my God has had a torrid seaon and been made to look a fool as he has come nowhere near what Casey achieved'................... vote?:wacko:

A fool and his money are easily parted bud ;)

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Criteria

Depends on the Criteria for the assesment.

Soley on-track performance and Stoner has blown everyone into the weeds - no doubt.
Off track and to my mind Lorenzo wins through his maturity and ambassador role.
Winging capacity and well thats Mr Rossi for his abilty to, well....

Is there anyone else worth mentioning?

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

has to be Stoner .... but i too have Lorenzo a clse second.  i'm quite surprised how i've come to admire the fella in MotoGP, especially after his 250 antics.

gotta love your eternal optimism elbowz - why will 2012 not be a Stoner vs Lorenzo season?  sometimes, professional makes more sense ...

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

chris

Is there anyone else worth mentioning?

Absolutely and i'm sure he will be.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

MotoGP Man of the year

Firstly the disappointments.

The Zimmer frame award for the pensioners race to boost their retirement income. A clear win for Capirossi over Edwards

Never rose above their station. In their own ways Hayden and Dovizioso.

Rookies that crashed their brains out whilst showing genuine MotoGP speed. Both of them. Although the winner here for me was Abrahams with the more difficult steed to master.

Infuriating Frenchmen that are on occasion blisteringly fast but just as prone to farce. As always RdeP.

Cumulus Nimbus award for Spainish 250 graduates trying to shine from the shadows of their more illustrious compatriots. Bautista over Babera if only because he showed real turns of speed - usually just before chucking the sky blue Rizla package at the scenery. Dishonourable mention to Toni Elias for not adapting his riding style better. Honourable mention to Toni Elias for embarrassing Ezpeleta with his  re-graduation to MotoGP.

Dani Pedrosa award for displays of dazzling speed combined with crippling injury...goes to Dani Pedrosa. Having won the award three years on the trot Dani gets to keep the trophy.

The 'give me a wide berth award'. Posthumously to Simoncelli. Say what you like. I respect (or otherwise) deeds done in the land of the living. Simoncelli was a liability. When he finally reined himself in he was slow, yet still dangerous.

I'm only here because I'm Japanese. Hiro Aoyama. A real let down.

I want to be an Alien. Ben Spies. Still progressing, although finding that last percent every bit as difficult to find as thought.

Heroic displays of maturity. The contenders both being young men growing up in the full glare of the MotoGP spotlight. Stoner for rising above Rossi's cattiness. Winner - Lorenzo for actually really maturing and showing there's a nice guy within the artifice. A dignified hard nosed never say die world champ.

Ultimate man of the year? Well that's a no brainer isn't it. We can confidently dismiss Casey Stoner for being nothing more than Johnny on the spot and doing Honda's bidding. Ultimately, as with the nags, the RCV won the title and Stoner was the mere jockey. Which really leaves but one stand out candidate.

So the winner of the Carl Fogarty award for the 'Greatest There Ever Was' as voted for by all MCN's oompa loompa's - Valentino Rossi! For enduring the most challenging year of his GP career. Despite worrying moments of weakness with statements like " I can't ride it like Stoner" "where is the 5th row" and "I don't know I'm not an engineer"

Was the result ever in doubt?

P.S. the "Who's the Daddy" award due February 2012. One nominee - C Stoner.

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Try is I might...

I just cant see Dani ever getting the crown.

Sure he's fast and has the talent and guts and the intelligence (usually), but he is just too fragile/prone/unlucky and then there is CS and JL. Even if Dani had a good run at the title without injury the other two are more bloody-minded and will win through stubborness.

Abrahams has been a good man to watch this past year, there were low expectations and doubters abound but the kid showed some real talent to make the beastie work - winglets and all.

RdP - rate the guy, if he was Honda mounted last year I would have expected podiums from him. He is on par with Dovi and Spies, just doesnt have the backing.

Role on Malaysia

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices