Skip to content

Ask an Expert Not getting alot of miles to a tank HELP Technical

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Not getting alot of miles to a tank HELP

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

karlmelton

Jul 11

karlmelton says:

Not getting alot of miles to a tank HELP

I currently ride a 33bhp restricted suzuki GSF600 bandit, Where I have read reviews are saying that the tank range is 170-190 miles, The maxium I have had is 160miles before putting it on reserve, does the tank range on these reviews meaning using reserve too? I dont scream about everywhere either, normally I get about 140-150 miles before reserve which is going to college but not alot of stop starting

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (19 December 2011 19:21)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
cairnsie13

Jan 11

cairnsie13 says:

160miles

doesnt seem too bad and the range normally includes reserve. Think yourself lucky i only get 110miles to reserve on my hornet.

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

M.P.G.

This time of the year you won`t get more than 50mpg,work that out in miles per litre and note how much petrol your putting in and miles.My 1200 bandit had a huge reserve capacity.Also you`ll get more m.p.g. and a happier engine using NON supermarket crap.

Also low tyre pressures,binding brakes,stuck choke,dirty air filter won`t help.

Reply to this Topic
frazmataz

Jan 11

frazmataz says:

My 08 bandit 650

gets a 160 mile range when i really push it however keeping her at at a strict 70mph on the motorway gets me a 200 mile range. I guess its where, how and when they test it that determines the range.

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

New engine?

If the engine is new, it'll be very tight and use substantially more fuel than after 10K miles or so, when it's freed up a fair bit.

But basically, what you're suggesting is fairly typical.  If I get 150 miles out of my gsx-650F tank it's clearly been a good run.

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

tank range

The quoted tank range is from full to totally empty. In the real world, we don't ride until the tank is empty because it's a right pain having to push a dead bike for miles to the nearest petrol station.

I used to get 120 miles before I hit reserve on my Bandit 600.

Reply to this Topic
karlmelton

Jul 11

karlmelton says:

Jaffa90

I dont get 50mpg in good weather lol and i always fill up at shell, i know supermarket petrol is shit :smile

Reply to this Topic
robsot

Feb 10

robsot says:

Your Bandit 6 is doing loads better than the one i used to have.. like eatcs.. i used to get about 110 - 120 miles.

Reply to this Topic
biker4life

Mar 09

biker4life says:

Take them out

I take the restriction out that will help loads plus be lot more fun to ride count your self lucky with 160miles my rr only gets 120 if I ride it like a wet fart 

Reply to this Topic
bbstrikesagain

Nov 08

no way

if you de-restricted your mpg would only fall (e.g. 50-ish to 40-ish), you'd be riding without a valid licence or insurance, which isn't recommended

keep it as it is and you can forward to a cheap and awseome upgrade when your two years is up

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

M.P.G.

What`s your result with my answer? Also how far is college and how many traffic/pelican/puffin lights and give ways have you? 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices