Skip to content

Discuss This Horex reveals performance figures for Horex VR6 New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Horex reveals performance figures for Horex VR6

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Horex reveals performance figures for Horex VR6

Reborn German manufacturer Horex has revealed the all-new 1200cc VR6 six-cylinder engine being developed for a new roadster will have 161bhp and a thumping 100ft lb of torque. The bike and engine are now in the final stages of testing with production scheduled for Spring 2012 after the firm took the decision to launch the non-supercharged version of the bike before...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (20 December 2011 10:07)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
johnlad1

Mar 11

johnlad1 says:

doesnt look to bad

styling does look slightly dated but i like that with a decent paint job it would look great as for all that power im sure it would keep most people grining all day long but i cant see it being able to compete with the rocket 3 roadster or a ducati diavel unless its cheaper and they can prove its going to be a more reliable more enjoyable bike

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

easytargets

What more do you want, the bike has an inovative and unique engine layout. If that is not 'something new' to the table then I dont know what is!

Whats more thery are a tiny company. Inovation like this shames the bigger bike manufacturers.

Reply to this Topic
gjw1992

Dec 05

gjw1992 says:

Looks terrific

... in my opinion. Standard motorcycle looks, well proportioned, fascinating engine. As ever price and (un)availability will dictate whether this is just comic lust or a real option.

Reply to this Topic
Moke1275

Jun 10

Moke1275 says:

Looks great, wonder how heavy it will be? But, please, put me out of my misery, exactly what is the second photo? part of the swing arm??? something to do with final drive? Sorry if its obvious.

Reply to this Topic
oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

like it

gotta have your wheatabix before riding her though pull your arms off past 120 i'd imagine o.t.g..

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

Moke

reckon the 2nd picture is of the delivery system for the graphite lubrication. Willing to be corrected though....

Reply to this Topic
AndyDownes

Aug 02

AndyDownes says:

Moke1275

The second image if of the graphite block that acts to lubricate the chain.

Andy Downes

MCN Senior Reporter

Reply to this Topic
blue200tdi

Dec 10

blue200tdi says:

Sooo, when will the lawsuit from VW be forthcoming? Golf VR6 anyone? Unless VW/Audi have a stake in in it?

Reply to this Topic
paulgs9

Dec 11

paulgs9 says:

modern CBX ?

does this remind anybody else of the CBZ1000 brought up to date?

I think it looks great with a strong engine at sensible revs, nice alternative to the shaft / chain argument with a no maintenance chain.

All we need is a UK dealership and some nice bits from Wunderlich like a small screen and this should be a nice alternative

Won't need to be cheap as long as they're not silly about the pricing - I agree with earlier comment - about £15k would be about ball-park

Reply to this Topic
edenv

Dec 04

edenv says:

Price at launch in early 2012 in Germany is 20,700 euros,at current exchange rates about £17,500 without splitting hairs.

Horex are currently only going to sell the bike in Germany,Austria and Switzerland they are looking at the rest of europe in 2013.

http://www.horex.com/index.php?L=1

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices