Skip to content

Discuss This New Triumph-powered sportster on the way New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New Triumph-powered sportster on the way

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

New Triumph-powered sportster on the way

Is this the machine Brit bike fans have been waiting for? It’s a Triumph 1050 triple-engined sportster equipped with the best in British chassis components and know-how and is on schedule to go into production next year. And although this is only a styling sketch, a working prototype is well under way. It’s been put together by an all-new outfit called Enigma which...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (20 December 2011 14:18)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
JimLindsay

Dec 11

JimLindsay says:

The team leader

Dear all, I'm the team leader. What you see here are initial visuals only. We will be updating this as the project develops. You can follow it here: http://enigma1050.co.uk All feedback is most welcome. Cheers. Jim

Reply to this Topic
easytargets

Jul 09

easytargets says:

Why?

What is the goal here? It looks a lot like the Rickman concept of years ago, (and Seeley, Hyde, Harris, Moto Mattin etc) a neat frame and body kit for a doner bike but the difference is that it the Rickman days the doner bike needed help looking and handling better, do the current Triumphs really need the help I would ask? Seems like the same old parts bin upgrade, Ohlins, Brembo and so on, come on give us something new and outstanding please?

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Lets hope for the sake of these people that Triumph won't be bringing out a new large sports bike of their own in the near future. Because it would more than likely have a newer engine, probably be more powerful, be better designed, have a full warranty etc, etc, which would kill this one stone dead! As already said, this bike needs to be anything except red to avoid the Ducati comparisons. Although if I was in the market for a bike like this, I would buy a 675 Daytona. Its all the sports bike you need for public roads.

Reply to this Topic
Moke1275

Jun 10

Moke1275 says:

Jim, Hope it works out for you and your team. Personally i admire anyone who is prepared to have a dream and work to meet it.

Reply to this Topic
sack1

Aug 02

sack1 says:

For those who consider cost..

..it depends on what this will all add up to. All the bits and pieces are great but what price exclusivity? Stray too far from home and what about service and parts? All big considerations for most.

Reply to this Topic
ZootCadillac

Dec 11

ZootCadillac says:

Well done. You made a Ducati Streetfighter for the poor.

Reply to this Topic
JimLindsay

Dec 11

JimLindsay says:

Response from the project team

Well, certainly some interesting comments here. Thanks for your encouragement Moke 1275. Sack 1, it's a hand built machine and will probably have a limited market. We are not thinking of moving Taiwan and going into mass production. The engine is absolutely standard so servicing and parts for that will not be a big problem. Forks and rear unit are K-Tech production items so no problem there. Brakes will be off the shelf parts. The one off bits are the frame, the swing arm and the bodywork but hang on a sec, have you looked at the cost of similar components from Japan lately? Easytargets, have a look on our website if you get the time. Chassis and bodywork are all one off parts designed specifically for the project so it's not really a parts bin special. Also, yes I think we can make a better handling bike than the Seed Triple. It's a great bike as it is but our take on the engine is just a bit different. Satnav, whatever Triumph do won't alter our approach for the prototype. We are also a small, flexible team so we could build a bike around whatever engine we chose, including the new 1200 once we had time to design a chain drive conversion. We are a bunch of people putting together something we fancy building. We would not ever see ourselves as being in competition with Triumph. Zoot - the end result won't be anything like a street fighter and I doubt that it will be for the poor unless the Xmas fairy suddenly gives us loads of engines, Carbon wheels and chrome moly tubing for free. Best wishes to all and keep the comments flowing. We find the feedback useful. Jim

Reply to this Topic
stu_sp2

Mar 06

stu_sp2 says:

Looks Fantastic.

DO IT!!! querky and different, unique and stylish, great engine...nuff said.

Reply to this Topic
RogerRSV

Jul 09

RogerRSV says:

Beautiful!

Has the lines of Guzzi's MGS01 - stunning.

Reply to this Topic
crustybiker

Apr 04

crustybiker says:

souroush

souroush

i agree with nothing british about the bike mors like a can of 57 baked beans all bits chucked together  guess they will be trawling all the old british names to call it something  may is suggest

BANTUM

one of the few old names they have no used

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices