Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner happy to silence Rossi and Burgess criticism MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner happy to silence Rossi and Burgess criticism

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner happy to silence Rossi and Burgess criticism

Casey Stoner has said his domination of the 2011 MotoGP world championship was made sweeter after the criticism he faced from Valentino Rossi and Jerry Burgess when he was riding for Ducati. Stoner won 10 races last season to clinch his second MotoGP world title as he delivered Honda’s first premier class world title since 2006. While the 26-year-old was enjoying unrivalled...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 December 2011 10:13)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Well said Mr Stoner !!!

Revenge is a dish best served cold !

Reply to this Topic
HighRevz46

Sep 11

HighRevz46 says:

Stoner is trash...

...and always will be.

Reply to this Topic
HighRevz46

Sep 11

HighRevz46 says:

Getting too big headed again...

...this is why nobody liked him in the first place, if he doesn't want to be hated on and boo'd off the podium just like at donington a while back he should shut his mouth because everytime he speaks shit pours out his mouth and everyone hates the cunt.

Reply to this Topic
bakery

Feb 09

bakery says:

Facts speak for themselves

I'm neither a Rossi nor a Stoner fan - I just like racing for what it is - but as an objective article that seems to be a pretty solid statement of the facts - and if I were in Stoner's position I think I'd have said much the same thing.

But I guess if you're a small-minded Rossi fanatic then it might be a little hard to accept....

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Australia - The driest continent on the planet.

HighRevs64, is that the Donington where he tore EVERYONE a new arse? Hahahaha haha hahahaha haha hahahaha ha hahaha hahaha...

Please keep up the classy comments, it makes us smile even more to know what a bitter little pindick you are. Hahaha haha haha ha hahahahaha haha... Merry Christmas!

Reply to this Topic
pheonix4eva

Jan 11

pheonix4eva says:

All d same

Stoner' s comment make him no different from VR.He should kept quite coz he s doin good and VR/Burgess already repent for their comments. If things go good for ducati in 2012, stoner will be moaning again..

Reply to this Topic
micklorenzo

Dec 11

micklorenzo says:

A Job Well Done.

HighRevs64 speaking as a Lorenzo fan, I have to say I actually quite like Stoner, so that's you fucked right there! you cant argue with what he could do on the Ducati and now the Honda, it must be hard for you as a Rossi fan to watch Lorenzo hand Rossi his ass and then see him totally fail on the Ducati, ohh well never mind hay

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

HighRevs

Getting too big headed again...

...this is why nobody liked him in the first place, if he doesn't want to be hated on and boo'd off the podium just like at donington a while back he should shut his mouth because everytime he speaks shit pours out his mouth and everyone hates the c###.

You take the term idiot to new levels every time you make a comment

If Rossi and Burgess had kept their mouths shut and not felt the need to make public their opinion on a subject they had no knowledge of (ie; a bike they had never worked with) Stoner wouldn't have been asked for his opinion of their criticism now - which is what he is doing, answering a journalist's question.

To his credit, he hasn't said anything derogatory about them and says Rossi still has what it takes to win races (I wonder if he meant the bike as well...) His response is simply a straighforward account of events.

He could have taken the piss out of them all year, couldn't he.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Yes but Wosi

A balanced article doesn't get the forum cauldron going again does it.

Things were obviously getting a little stale, so cue up another reactive story

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

And

Before anyone picks up on it.

When I said straighforward account of events, I meant he was just giving an account from his perspective (I have no idea how accurate it is) rather than launching into unprovoked criticism of another rider, which is what Ross and Burgess did.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices