Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner happy to silence Rossi and Burgess criticism MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner happy to silence Rossi and Burgess criticism

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner happy to silence Rossi and Burgess criticism

Casey Stoner has said his domination of the 2011 MotoGP world championship was made sweeter after the criticism he faced from Valentino Rossi and Jerry Burgess when he was riding for Ducati. Stoner won 10 races last season to clinch his second MotoGP world title as he delivered Honda’s first premier class world title since 2006. While the 26-year-old was enjoying unrivalled...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 December 2011 10:13)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

I don't think he will...

Yes, I actually bought MCN just to read the Stoner interview and found the comments from both him and Guareschi interesting. Their opinions differ in some respects. I particulalrly like Stoner's take on riders as engineers... wonder who on here has said that before...

I did like the fact that Stoner didn't just launch into a piss-taking fest of the current Ducati situation. He obviously still feels some empathy towards the team mechanics/designers and doesn't take any joy out of their current plight. Despite Rossi's unwarranted criticism he is still pretty magnanimous and recognises he isn't finished as a rider, but no-one can blame him for feeling more than a little satisfied at the season's outcome.

Reply to this Topic
veronicaisl

Aug 11

veronicaisl says:

ducati took him forgranted...

Very well said and very deep..."we didn't have the funding and they've got the funding now but they still haven't gone in the right direction. If ducati spent money on stoner maybe or we don't know ducati is in good position. Very straight forward answer, very honest and direct to the point. He just answer what they trow to him and revenge is best served cold. I would be better keep my mouth shut rather than to comment with stoner i reckon.

Reply to this Topic
pinkerton2964

Nov 11

Talks cheap

Mike Tyson once said to Lennox Lewis before a fight that he would eat his children and guess what he never ate any of his children. In sport people use words to play with the competition's mind and if you rise to it you are part of the game. After Rossi knocked Stoner off we seen how bitchy Stoner could be grow up. Stoner is not a development rider if he was he would have told Ducati that their bike was a handful, all stoner did was try adapt his style to a wayward design problem. This gave him good grounding as when he did ride a user friendly bike he won the championship same way Corser did on the Suzuki after time on the Petronas. Rossi is a development rider he knows what a bike should do and feel like the fact that he melandri, Hayden, Capirossi, and a host of other riders + Burgess and crew can't get the thing to behave clearly shows that Stoner either let Ducati engineers have to much freedom or he does'nt know how a bike should feel. Put Rossi on the Honda and Stoner would not be so smart mouth. Doohan once said to Honda when they fitted fuel injection to his bike take it off and put it on Itos bike its not as if he's going to win, riders are in control and take the risks engineers should take note.   

Reply to this Topic
viaciofano

Nov 04

viaciofano says:

I agree with stoner i have been a rossi fan and belived he was the best. now stoner is showing that he can adapt to a bike and push it past its limit. i would like to see the italian up there on the podium. it will be another interesting year in motogp with the new cc. Vinnychoff

Reply to this Topic
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

Hmmmm

I think it's more likely that stoner knew Rossi was in for a tough year as the bike had gone downhill from his 07 championship. Things are constantly changing in Gp. One bike becomes better than the others, riders change teams, tyres, rules, cc changes etc. the ducati was ahead Of the rest in 07 with stoners skill( we all saw it get caned in the corners to just sweep past easy as pie on the straights) and last year with the Honda strongest with stoner it looked all too easy again. If Rossi had been on a Honda or yam it could well have been different. Either way stoner is a great and worthy champ. Same applies to rossi, no champions just get it handed on a plate ESP not at this top level. Hopefully this coming year can provide a closer battle for us fans of this sport to get excited about!!! I'd love to see some big dust ups between the top riders, ESP stoner, Rossi, Lorenzo!!

Reply to this Topic
stompmyduke

Mar 08

stompmyduke says:

Wizard of Oz

Can't blame 'old tombstones' for getting riled about the dynamic duo's comments. However, we have to remember that Stoner bailed in 2010, when he realised there was nothing left in the Duke. Only a supreme effort at the end of the year (for which he must be applauded)  brought him some success, and he clearly  thought that 'risking it' for most of the season was not a good idea. The bike that Rossi swung his leg over, then, was a no-hoper for 2011, even though Duke had reworked the beast. Later work on the bike can be seen as unwise modifications to a flawed design, which Rossi had asked for, but Duke had long known were doomed to failure (they had tried most of them in 2009/10). As Lorenzo has said ''unless Rossi wins soon, we're all screwed'', so let's hope the new 're-balanced' Duke does the bizzo.

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

Very professional comments by Stoner the moaner

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Bulto

He could have taken the piss out of them all year, couldn't he.

He did ;)

Stoner added: “The reason this championship does taste sweet has a lot to do with Valentino and Jerry and the criticism they gave us that we couldn't develop a bike and didn't know what we were doing. Clearly they are ten times more confused than we ever were about what direction to go in.

Who here would'nt throw someones comments  back down their throats in these circumstances?

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

agree

after 80 seconds of reading i must say I AGREE WITH YOU STONER

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

Casey is an amazing rider but didnt danny and dovvi and honda have something to do with developing the honda? and wasnt Casey always complaining of front end issues with the ducati. I hope Lorenzo takes the title next year because i just want that cheesy smirk wiped of his face Casey is his own worst enemy When it comes to public relations  . its just a shame mark marquiz hasnt moved up this year  

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle