Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner happy to silence Rossi and Burgess criticism MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner happy to silence Rossi and Burgess criticism

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner happy to silence Rossi and Burgess criticism

Casey Stoner has said his domination of the 2011 MotoGP world championship was made sweeter after the criticism he faced from Valentino Rossi and Jerry Burgess when he was riding for Ducati. Stoner won 10 races last season to clinch his second MotoGP world title as he delivered Honda’s first premier class world title since 2006. While the 26-year-old was enjoying unrivalled...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 December 2011 10:13)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Revz your rider was made to look like a crock of shit by Stoner last season difference #27 can win on a Duke and Rossi flops big time.

Reply to this Topic
bakery

Feb 09

bakery says:

Ot of interest....

Someone made the comment that the Ducati had reached its peak last year and wouldn't have been competitive this year anyway.... Does anyone have comparative lap times for Casey last year vs. Rossi this year?

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Stoner

As the saying goes, "He who laughs last laughs longest!" Rossi  has unfortunately done nothing for the Desmo apart from, perhaps, make it worse. What is that other old saying? " A bad  workman always blames his tools!" Rossi will do nothing again this year on the Desmo. Ducati need someone new now and if not it's another year down the tubes! Ciao

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Well said Casey.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Ratchetman, who gives a shit ? i'd say everyone on here watches MotoGP for the racing, not so they can check out which manafacturer has most sales... pssh.

Stoner silenced Rossi and JB alright... shame about those bloody whining fans though

Reply to this Topic
veronicaisl

Aug 11

veronicaisl says:

Boom...

"I knew that when he got on that bike he was not going to be any faster than me. I was 100% sure of that.

Ouch! :(

Reply to this Topic
Biker4751

Aug 02

Biker4751 says:

Facts Clarified at Last

I thought Jeremy said he'd need fifteen minutes to sort out the Ducati suspension issue. Now I find out that he said he'd only need eighty seconds. One can only wonder how so much Italian engineering and cubic yards of money could get it so wrong. I know, we'll blame Mr. Stoner for it.

Reply to this Topic
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

I like the comment Rossi is a development rider.

please inform us on how long it takes to develop the Ducati or was he just warming up this year?

The Stoner personality keeps coming up is this because you want to pretend you are best mates like you do with Rossi . Paid to ride the bike, ride the fucken bike and win no matter what you get .

Your employer does not give two shits if you win over Rossi fans most of them are full of shit

Reply to this Topic
wordy1979

Feb 11

wordy1979 says:

Simples

Casey is currently BY FAR the best rider in the world with the best bike! I'm a huge Rossi fan but you just got to love watching Stoner spin that rear! I love watching him and Moto GP, I just hope it improves next year. FINGERS CROSSED.:smile

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Repentance perhaps

Certainly no public apologies from what were once known as the greatest development duo in the business. I've read Burgess state he underestimated the nature of the D16's issue, and I've read Rossi suggest he underestimated the magnitude of Stoners talent. But that's as close as it got for the 'fixed in 80 seconds' and "Stoners not riding it hard enough" calls. Sure such statements can be construed as gamesmanship, but you've got to be able to walk the talk or be man enough to recant. This egotistical duo have done nothing of the sort to my mind. As for some other chump suggesting Stoner didn't give feedback to Ducati on the nature of it's woes. What planet are you on? These guys are the creme de la creme. I think your description would be more appropriate when describing the handling issues you suffer on your GN250 with it's flat front tyre.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle