Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner happy to silence Rossi and Burgess criticism MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner happy to silence Rossi and Burgess criticism

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner happy to silence Rossi and Burgess criticism

Casey Stoner has said his domination of the 2011 MotoGP world championship was made sweeter after the criticism he faced from Valentino Rossi and Jerry Burgess when he was riding for Ducati. Stoner won 10 races last season to clinch his second MotoGP world title as he delivered Honda’s first premier class world title since 2006. While the 26-year-old was enjoying unrivalled...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 December 2011 10:13)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

CCB Possble.

With 6 works bike`s on the grid,1 of whom is NH,the odd`s are pretty good for VR.I`d guess 2 or 3 third`s are possible.How far back from the leader`s though,a fair way i`m thinking.       Oh gixer, time for a new handbag and pill`s, me think`s.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Gixer that rider you're calling a knob won races on that bike what your hero is riding something Rossi hasn't come close to doing apart from a lucky podium at Le Mans.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

thanks guys

Its nice to know im not losing my mind, We've got to respect all the guys out there who hang it out for us and give it their all. Stoner is far from a nob , he's the bravest rider of the last few years for ringing the neck of that bloody thing!!

Jamie 'feel' is a major thing and cant be felt on a drawing board. Maybe Casey wasnt show the respect he was due wuth the info he relayed in that respect by ducati, and its sad that they have only realised it now Rossi's on board.

nev7 its 7works bikes on the grid, supersics works honda is now in the hands of Bautista? i think, but anyway , dont be surprised if Rossi and hayden dont turn it round big time next year.Yeah it fair to say Rossi's  influence has helped change the testing rules, but expect them to use it to their advantage.

anyway happy new year to all us bike fanatics ( that includes you Nostro you sheep shagger lol)

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Also you are spot on about some wanting them to fail which amazes me in a way because we need them if there is going to be any decent racing this season.

I don't understand this type of comment. If he has the bike under him that lets him get to the front and clear off, that is exactly what he will do, just like anyone else would. He's a racer, a very good one, with a big ego and he wants to win - badly. If he's leading he's not going to slow down, let them catch up and 'have a play'. If he can win by 10, 20 or 30 seconds he will - wouldn't you?

And surely, you must grasp that people with a sense of fair play will have taken a little pleasure in watching this year's failure purely due to the way he has behaved in the past. People like to see big egos take a fall, whether those egos belong to actors, sportsmen, politicians or the bloke next door. It's as simple as that.

Reply to this Topic
timgsxr

Mar 11

timgsxr says:

correct bulto

It's called tall poppy syndrome

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

WHAT THE???

after new year i though i would read something good in this forum. but what i found is crazy dog, mr. car cleaner, posting something repeated again and again. even now i started to skip that crazy dog woshitdog threadh. he repeated the same object again, like "stoner peek hayden set up".

nostro, just ignore them. it's wasting your time you know pal. let them posting what they like. even aquarius last time i check fight alone and get boring. he already provide solid prove but that yellow ass lover never get it. just skip that 2 idiot guy threadh. it's so boring. goodluck man. LOL.

rossi is better than stoner???? LOL. BUAHAHAHAHAHA......

rossi is faster??? BUAHAHAHAHA.... nostro nostro, even that dog ignore what you say about weather, tyres, etc. ignore that 2 dwarf. they don't deserve your time. trust me. you'll get relieve after that JUST like aquarius. ciao.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

No Tim

Not what I was referring to really. Tall Poppy is Syndrome is targeting someone purely out of jealousy over their success.

I was referring to people with a sense of fair play enjoying seeing someone with a large ego get knocked back a peg or two - irrespective of whether they have achieved success or not. You don't need success to have an egotistical manner.

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

Frayed knot. CCB.

6 Work`s Bike`s,just a lease bike.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

They say God loves a trier Wosi

Not sure how that squares with your writhing mendacious contortions such as the one below though. I think you'll probably end up in purgatory as the big fella equivocates over where to send you.

You're reading way too much into that statement as is your wont.

Again he wanted a bike that would behave in a predictable manner and one he could 'feel'. Again he rides it and says what it does. This invariably gels with the screeds of telemetry the engineeers have. I know, I know, Stoner is not Rossi and cannot pop out the back of Ducati H.Q to the machine shop and whisk up new parts - fat lot of good that did him. But I think Stoner fulfilled his riders end of the bargin rather well, that deficiency notwithstanding.

Rossi under Stoners skin. Perhaps a wee bit. Not half as much as Stoner is in Rossi's head though.

Now where's that discourse of yours on Rossi's 2011 season and why it was such an abysmal failure?

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

let me explain!

Bultoboy I understand what your saying however that is not what I meant when I said what I said.
I and a lot of others I suspect dont want to see any rider zoom off into the distance.
When I said they need Ducati and Rossi and Hayden for that matter I just meant I want to see some closer racing amongst all the bikes.

I also understand what you say about fairplay but it depends how you perceive the situation and I think our views vary slightly!
I dont dislike any of these riders because I love bike racing and they are the best in the world and they have a very difficult job to do albeit extremely well paid.
Taking pleasure in seeing what has happened to Rossi and Ducati is not being very sporting in my eyes and although he obviously gets to people for the way he comes across and some of his jibes I have sympathy for anyone in that situation.
I dont want to see Stoner run off with the championship next year but I wont take any pleasure if he gets beaten.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices