Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner happy to silence Rossi and Burgess criticism MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner happy to silence Rossi and Burgess criticism

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner happy to silence Rossi and Burgess criticism

Casey Stoner has said his domination of the 2011 MotoGP world championship was made sweeter after the criticism he faced from Valentino Rossi and Jerry Burgess when he was riding for Ducati. Stoner won 10 races last season to clinch his second MotoGP world title as he delivered Honda’s first premier class world title since 2006. While the 26-year-old was enjoying unrivalled...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 December 2011 10:13)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

didnt tamada win 2 races in 2004 on a bridgestone shod camel honda ?

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Kawasaki were also using them before Rossi got them, if my frail memory for such things recalls correctly.

As regards the current Ducati Dilema, feel and tyres. Have Ducati ever actually said it is their CF design being too stiff that is responsible for the lack of feel. As far as I know they haven't which could be they won't admit it if they know, or they don't actually know for sure.

It could be that there is another fundamental problem in the design/geometry or whatever that is causing the problem.

The Suzuki wasn't a frameless design, just a convential perimiter design like the others, but it still suffered from an inability to heat the tyres and get front end feel which caused a considerable amount of front end washouts over the last 2 or 3 seasons. Maybe it never gets mentioned as Stoner or Rossi weren't on it...

The tyres appeared far from ideal in their design and I hope they change them for this year, but if they work on some bikes then it is the design of bikes that they don't work on that is the problem, not that the tyres themselves won't work at all.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Milkyarse, still peddling your childish hate for one rider.

What's wrong with what Stoner said. Probably most of the others would say the same if asked. They're all adrenalin junkies who enjoy riding at the limit on what should be the fastest, nastiest bikes on the planet. An experience that the likes of us on here can't comprehend.

I guess the last thing they want to hear is that future bikes will be dummed down versions, or, like Stoner said, glorified road bikes, when all they want to do is go faster and faster each year. If the bikes are dummed down to the extent that it takes the excitement away then it's understandable that interest may wane and the desire to continue diminish.

First, they need to see what these bikes will be like before making any decision, if that is how the formula develops, which is basically what he said.

But I guess your yellow, hate filled shroud caused a different interpretation.

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

bultoboy

i must say as a rossi fan that the whole my rider is better than yours has gone completely overboard.At this moment in time stoner is a champ and rossi is a chump.Roll on the new season and hopefuly a rossi revival lol.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

More on tyres

Some interesting comments from Capirossi here on 2011 Bridgestone rubber, particularly the tyre age issue.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96878

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

400!

Must be a record now? The no testing winter months are bad for racing but great for keyboard competition! #400 I win? Let me think of something useful and clever to add to this thread....... Nope I got nuthin'??? Still think it is one of the best of the year. Bout time Stoner said what he was really thinking..... ;D

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Bulto

Ta bud.

"There were problems with serial numbers too: with that number you can figure out when the tyre was built. A tyre built two years ago can't go as quick as one built last week. Some riders had the new tyres and some other the old ones. That's not okay, that must be fixed: I want the last rider to have the same possibilities the first one has."..................Capi.

Too early for an 'April fool' so how the fuck is this possible and what team would knowingly have accepted this!!!!? It beggars belief.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

willie

You beat me to it :upset:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

PC

To me it seems totally unfeasible that

a) there should be such disparity in a 'control' tyre

b) some of the tyres were made two years before the required season when they were supposed to be the latest spec tyres, the construction of which was surely not decided that long ago..

There is no reason for Capirossi to make anything up, why would he, but it just doesn't make any sense to me. That aside, like you say, if the tyres were that old, why did teams accept them. I'd have been knocking on the door of the organisers in protest.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

I've always presumed that any surplus 'Gp' rubber would have worked it's way down the food chain.....WSB, BSB (or equivalent) etc...

As you say, it's a 'control tyre' so where's the 'control'? I don't get it.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices