Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner happy to silence Rossi and Burgess criticism MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner happy to silence Rossi and Burgess criticism

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner happy to silence Rossi and Burgess criticism

Casey Stoner has said his domination of the 2011 MotoGP world championship was made sweeter after the criticism he faced from Valentino Rossi and Jerry Burgess when he was riding for Ducati. Stoner won 10 races last season to clinch his second MotoGP world title as he delivered Honda’s first premier class world title since 2006. While the 26-year-old was enjoying unrivalled...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 December 2011 10:13)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Pacey

It's like the old Placebo song 'Ever since I was born, I started to decay'. They reckon the 'stones on the whole were the same 2010 / 2011 with a few exceptions. Which again explains the very similar laps times over both years. But yes to have an age range of more than 12 months for supposedly identical rubber is really substandard. But Dorna forced a reluctant Bridgestone into this situation.

An angry Capirossi at Valencia. Haven't Bridgestone already changed their carcass construction with the 2012 rubber getting positive comments from the riders about their characteristics. This could be Ducati's saving grace.

Excellent point Bultoboy about the Suzuki. A change of geometry (?) and not engine (75 degree V4,up from earlier 65 vee - which they struggled to get breathing. Honda 72 degrees. Ducati 90 degrees. So they are all rather 'wide' V's already. American boat anchors are 45 degrees) got the thing working on the Bridgestones in cool conditions which historically had always been their achilles heel in the 800 era. So another beam frame that struggled. Such a shame they're too lilly livered to continue.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Is it me or is this site crap at times! Never have a prob posting with any other site just this one!!!!! Not sure if this is going to get posted but hey ho, if it does then  'nostro', ta bud.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Aaaaaaarrrgh!!!!!!

Fkn surprise surprise!!!!!!! :mad:

Reply to this Topic
2vforeva

Sep 11

2vforeva says:

Control tyres.... yessssssss

PaceyCasey asks
"I've always presumed that any surplus 'Gp' rubber would have worked it's way down the food chain.....WSB, BSB (or equivalent) etc...

As you say, it's a 'control tyre' so where's the 'control'? I don't get it."

In the olden days of yore with out control tyres in every major class. Spare capacity tyres at the end of the year would be handed out to various people where they could be used.

This year moto2 Dunlop tyres showed up at Phillip Island in December for SOME teams competing in the Australian Endurance champs, an 8 hour race. These tyres where very suspicious to us NOT using them, a plain looking tyre with very few markings. We had a least one team looking to do the whole race on a single front tyre from moto2. Shame the bike blew up!

Control? The only control is that you only get a certain number a year, and do not look at the manufactures date! And you are all supposed to get the same tyres, aka no monster advantage over other competitors.

And yes this site has some of the worst browser cookie management, I have to log in each time I want to post, and then login again!

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

NICE... and fkn slow!

Who gives a toss about how he looked on the fkn bike you numbskull! Maybe the grid girls should race?

Wosi, remind us of where he finished again? Hahaha haha hahaha hahahaha haha ha hahahahaha hahahaha hahaha hahahaha haha haha hahahaha hahahahahaha... Woof woof!

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

nostro my friend

im far from reverting to type as you put it, im just pointing out that maybe it should be akmowledged that even Casey who has the best record on the Ducati, did struggle on the CF bike compared to his results on the framed bikes.

i know his illness reflects in that period but all the same , for a guy who should have been in his prime and with the abilty to win the number of races he has he shouldnt have gone three years without a title.

Im pointing a finger at the bike design for this not casey, there is loads of intersting infromation coming out now the bitching about rossi v stoner has calmed down, and it seems to show there are a number of reasons for the projects struggles.

The racecraft thing has always been where rossi,s strength is ,and is why he has been so consistent.

yeah sure Casey showed better racecraft this year, i just wondered if he was guilty of wanting to win too much in the past, and cost himself an other title by pushing too hard.

But as you say riding on a knife edge is hard, as Rossi has found out this season, But for that reason i find the reaction to his struggles, and the unwillness so people to see thoses reasons ( other than their hatred of him ) quite sad.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

David Emmett's

Partisan nature was displayed all too clearly to me Wosi when he on seperate occasions stated 'Rossi is bigger than MotoGP' and 'Rossi would win titles if on the Honda' Not could or may, and not just one, but would win titles plural. He of course wormed around saying the latter comment was posted hastily and late, but he never retracted the comment. So whilst I enjoy reading DE's words he compromised himself long ago to me.

As for Rossi and the rest at the test. It's pretty hard to judge a consensus opinion. Barbera was revelling in an update over his Pramac with underslung swingingarm, the new 930-1000cc engine, more compliant Bridgestones, and the new chassis. Too many factors to isolate select areas of improvement. Holistic.

Rossi though - over and above Emmett's words which we also read of in a similar vein mid season - his telling statement was' I was still quite slow mid corner '. Together with his 'for me the material of the chassis doesn't make a difference' suggests the man is still all at sea. Or doesn't have the talent to raise himself to the new level.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Motomatters

Oh I agree, David's reporting of the races is without parallel on the web and he keeps his partisan nature in check for the majority of the time.

But you only have to re-read his extensive take on the problems of the GP11 and the fact not once was Rossi's riding questioned to understand where his heart lies. That's O.K but those statements I quoted  do compromise the integrity of his journalism. I wonder what Stoner or Lorenzo's take would be on it if they'd read such words!

The only way is up for you and the yellow knicker brigade Wosi after your 'annus horribilis' to quote Liz. I'm quite comfortable thanks. They're not my knees knocking with nervous anticipation.

Reply to this Topic
noshow

Oct 10

noshow says:

Black pot

Acanada rich talk from you with the hand up the arse ! You have had your head up Rossi's for a long time now you only come on here to breathe

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

I've got it now, if Emmett is positive about Casey he's right on the money and a well informed journo, if he's positive about Rossi he's a total one eyed yellow sunglassed Rossi lover who has no idea what he's talking about.. Nostro your season as a balanced and informed pundit is already over... congrats a new record even for you... If you are a member over on motomatters then I suggest you direct you complaints about his site there.. If you have any self respect left that is.....

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle