Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner happy to silence Rossi and Burgess criticism MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner happy to silence Rossi and Burgess criticism

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner happy to silence Rossi and Burgess criticism

Casey Stoner has said his domination of the 2011 MotoGP world championship was made sweeter after the criticism he faced from Valentino Rossi and Jerry Burgess when he was riding for Ducati. Stoner won 10 races last season to clinch his second MotoGP world title as he delivered Honda’s first premier class world title since 2006. While the 26-year-old was enjoying unrivalled...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 December 2011 10:13)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

lap time and race time bollocks

You only have to look at the performance of Rossi and Stoner and the difference in speed between them and the other Ducatis ridden by their team mates and satellite riders to see who rode the Ducati fastest.

In 4 years at Ducati only Hayden got close to Stoner and only about 4 times.

How close was Hayden to Rossi this year as well as the satellite riders?

No 'Rossi was the development mule' bullshit or it was 'Rossi's first season on a strange bike' garbage please. He flopped big time.

It was also Stoner's first time on a conventional framed full factory bike. He didn't.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Gambling

Suffice it to say that if you have hard earned cash laid down,it always adds to the adrenalin rush of the race on any Sunday apart from Assen (Saturday). Meridians excused. Casey at 2.5,Jorge at 3.5,Dani about 4.5 and Ben at 8.5. Thats how I've got them hooked up for 2012. Holding thumbs big time for Ben and I believe its a thinking mans bet for the title. The more I review 2011,the more confident I am about the silent assassin #11 for 2012. Much as I am a huge fan of Casey and Jorge and would be as happy as a pig in shit if either won 2012, I've just got a gut feel 2012 will be at least equal chance race in and race out with Ben.

I dunno how much you have locked down on Rossi and for what Wosi,but I hope its worth the layout.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Me and 3 pals watch the races. My rider is ......obvious, Paul has JL, Mike has Ben and L'il John has Vale. We have a fiver per race and whoever crosses the line first takes the dosh, and 20quid to whoever finishes highest in the standings. 2011 was a fruitful year and hopefully 2012 will be just as rewarding ;)

Who needs bookies when you have daft mates lol.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Top 3

Plausible Wosi, but I reckon 2012 would have to encompass catastrophe for HRC and Yamaha for a Rossi top 3 to come to fruition.

I'm of the opinion that Rossi's 2012 will be much like Stoner's 2008...a step backwards. In Stoner's case 1st to 2nd. In Rossi's case 7th to 8th,but hey,good you have faith.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Top 4 will be a mix of Stoner, Ben, Dani and JL. Not sure in what order though. Dani could well have a good season as his luck has to turn one-day. Ben on a 'thou', i agree with 'Wosi', will have a chance if he can get in the groove quicker than previous seasons. JL/Casey  will be as fast as ever.

I can't see Flo breaking into this group.  

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

I like your thought of the Top Four guys for next season love to see Ben up there all he needs to work on his starts something which proved costly in 2011 and hopefully he has luck on his side too for 2012.

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

LEECHO

Would you like my N.I.number as well? I guess a little background wouldn`t hurt.My 1st practice day , {there were no trackday`s},was at a freezing snetter`s ,when it was fast. 4 of us were there that day,the great Bazza,a bloke called Andy Trott ,on the fastest seeley commando,i`ve ever seen,me and a Mr S. Parish. I was on the 1st P.Smart 750ss Duke raced in Blighty.       And, as for Bull,never been my thing  mate.If I crashed,I would tell my pit crew,if I lost the backend,I would not say ,the front let go,[Australia 2011},especially if it`s on camera!

Reply to this Topic
2vforeva

Sep 11

2vforeva says:

Spies bad starts??

YamahaGYTR

"I like your thought of the Top Four guys for next season love to see Ben up there all he needs to work on his starts something which proved costly in 2011 and hopefully he has luck on his side too for 2012."

Are Bens bad starts due to his size/weight? Pedrosa is usually first to turn 1  cause he weights nothing. Stoner, Lorenzo can be somewhere 2nd and 3rd. They look to weight about the same. Poor Ben looks to be at a distinct disadvantage due to his mass.

I have the answer. Bring back push starts! That will make the bikes easy to push start to. Saving us from hearing Stoner whinge about more people wanting to push Rossi's rear than his. Of course this will totally srcew Pedrosa, he can not even get on the bike without a ladder.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Pedrosa

Sure he's an alien ..

He can't really be an outsider to the 'alien' status. How often do we see him battling with Spies, Dovi, Bautista? granted he has struggled this year but all the factors have played their parts and he's been unlucky at times. To me an 'alien', is someone who is on the podium consistently every weekend but is also capable of battling for wins every now and again. If someone gets a win in a season then fairplay, but it doesn't really apply alien status. Consistency is key, along with raw pace.

Two rides that stand out for me from Pedrosa, are when he was leading in the wet by a country mile in Germany(2008) only to lose the front at turn 1. This was impressive becasue at the end of the 06 season he was rolling around in 15th place when it was slightly raining at Philip Island. He didn't get on with the rain(which was a know weak point) but in less than 2 seasons was showing everyone the way around a soaked track. The other was Le Mans 2009. Who remembers him chasing down Dovi in the last 10 laps ? exciting stuff and great to watch as he was seriously pushing it.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

I do agree about there being just 3 aliens though.

Stoner. Lorenzo. Pedrosa.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices