Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi has no regrets over Ducati switch MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi has no regrets over Ducati switch

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi has no regrets over Ducati switch

Valentino Rossi says he has no regrets about moving to Ducati after a tough debut season with the Bologna factory saw the Italian icon fail to claim at least one victory in a season for the first time in his 16-year Grand Prix career. When Rossi quit Yamaha after a glorious seven year spell that saw him capture 46 wins and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 December 2011 10:26)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jackinthebox

Dec 11

jackinthebox says:

Yes Doc

Lets hope Ducati improve next season.
One thing though neither Ducati or Rossi see the move as a mistake.

Reply to this Topic
crawsue

Aug 09

crawsue says:

Doc's spot on......

I'm as big a VR46 fan as it gets and I pray he can get the Duke to work....but only 'cos I want to see racing every weekend. On their day any of the factory riders can win (well 'cept Nicky of course) and that's what we want to see....think back to the Doohan years......and try not to yawn! Does he regret it....you bet.......but he painted himself into a corner and then Mugello happened....he had no where to go and I genuinely think  that he and JB thought thet would turn it round a la Yamaha.

Reply to this Topic
Faster1

Aug 09

Faster1 says:

what did you expect ,,

an admission ?? come on Matt. Try not to ask the questions that have only one answer.. Ask his friends,, those closest around him,, the ones used to him winning and the obvious answer is yes, he regrets leaving Yamaha. I am a card carrying Rossi fan, but I'm not delusional. On the extremely remote chance that the Ducati can even be 90% as fast as the Honda next year, VR might pull out a win or 2, but another championship?? never... Had he stayed another 2 years with Blue, he and Lorenzo would have pushed each other further and faster, to at least challenge Stoner a few times. As it is now, Rossi hasn't passed his Ducati adaptive riding style test and insists that Ducati build a Jap bike. For a person talking about the dream to take the all time championship wins title, moving to Ducati was the stupidest thing ever. ,, and a damn shame. Honda and (to a lesser extent) Yamaha aren't waiting for Ducati to catch up, and will raise the bar further next year.   There are grounded realistic predictions and there there is dilusional fanboy noise. I would be extactic to see VR on the top step again, but I won't hold my breath.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

faster1

"...Rossi hasn't passed his Ducati adaptive riding style test and insists that Ducati build a Jap bike..."

i agree with it. from first test for 2012, rossi is far behind. so what ducati need now is change the machine to become yamaha. of course with more friendly excuse from rossi.

i just cann't believe it. ducati known for its beast. if rossi makes it become ducamaha, don't call it beast anymore. rossi should change his riding style, even i doubt it, cause he already in japanese bike from start of his career. it difficult to change your style that done for years.

so good luck for him.

BENNY : i still believe hayden has skill. and you're totally wrong, i said he could fight for 3rd or 4th position. not WC. thank you.

spies to dovi. dovi would win??? you must be joking right???

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Dovi would win Spies never happen no way three of my reasons why I rate Ben over Andrea is simply over the fact the way he hunted him down in this years Laguna race in hot humid conditions and on the soft tyre was more impressive second Aragon race 2010 it was like the two battling for the win and Spies being superb on the brakes when Dovi attacked he (Spies) got him back and finally his last ride for the Tech 3 team in 2010 how he hunted down three works Hondas on a slow bike and beat them all.

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

Dying Works Teams.

If we still have genuine Works teams in 2013,then un-doubtedly we will be down to 2 teams,with another fallen by the wayside.Ducati will never be able to mug a big sponsor again.Ofcourse,the idea of switching to 4 strokes was to encourage many more teams to get involved.What a f*** up that turned out to be.Pick a formula that costs at least 3 times what it used to,brill.If the factories wan`t to continue with Prototypes,they should do away fancy electronics etc.They should also only pay wages based on results,that would have saved one team in particular,about 90% of its wage bill.Thank goodness Checa won a World title this year,must have helped Ducati sales considerably.

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

Faster1 wrote:

an admission ?? come on Matt. Try not to ask the questions that have only one answer.. Ask his friends,, those closest around him,, the ones used to him winning and the obvious answer is yes, he regrets leaving Yamaha. I am a card carrying Rossi fan, but I'm not delusional. On the extremely remote chance that the Ducati can even be 90% as fast as the Honda next year, VR might pull out a win or 2, but another championship?? never... Had he stayed another 2 years with Blue, he and Lorenzo would have pushed each other further and faster, to at least challenge Stoner a few times. As it is now, Rossi hasn't passed his Ducati adaptive riding style test and insists that Ducati build a Jap bike. For a person talking about the dream to take the all time championship wins title, moving to Ducati was the stupidest thing ever. ,, and a damn shame. Honda and (to a lesser extent) Yamaha aren't waiting for Ducati to catch up, and will raise the bar further next year. There are grounded realistic predictions and there there is dilusional fanboy noise. I would be extactic to see VR on the top step again, but I won't hold my breath.

I agree with this 100%

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Motoking

As my daughter would say,  'Benny now owns you' bud.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Just trolling

The current Yamaha 'sit rap'. Of course Rossi regrets the move to Ducati from a results point of view. Ducati regret the loss of Stoner for the same reason. Ducati's big market is not their top of the range sport bikes. It's their 'glossy' market. Diavel,Motard and Monster. This is where Rossi and Hayden are synergistic with the brand for all the wrong reasons. On the other hand Carlos Checa was synergistic with the brand for all the right reasons. Sporting Twins. Stoner and before him old Loris on L-4 Desmo's.

Yamaha 'sit rap'. Not too far off is Sepang 1. The usual suspects will dominate. Bikewise...Yamaha (loves the joint), Honda (well rounded), Ducati, I love 'em.  

It is generally expected and correctly so that CRT are going to play catch up. Tech 3, Dovi and Cal are being touted for this and that. The base should be about the same for all the M1's,but I reckon Lorenzo and Spies will steadily gap the Tech 3 riders over testing and seasons length.

In a nutshell...Yamaha want to topple Honda from the get go. Thanks to no title sponsorship 2011, they have to narrow their focus. Lorenzo and Spies are where that narrow focus is. Lorenzo is already in the pounds seats. Spies proved to be a masterstroke replacement for Rossi. What did Yamaha pay him to finish 5th to Rossi's 7th this season ? Merely a question.

The Dovi issue. I always held him in high regard and still do. The past 2 seasons against Spies head to head for position always found Dovi wanting. I don't expect that to change much on 1000 M1's.

Rossi regrets ! None actually.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

" Anyway, this doesn’t change my expectations for 2012 which, fortunately, is just around the corner.”

Fortunately? I read this as " I had no hope and now, thankfully, I've just confirmed it, there you go Vale pal it's all yours to develop"

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices