Skip to content

Discuss This New street scrambler from Spirit of the Seventies New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New street scrambler from Spirit of the Seventies

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Gary Pinchin  says:

New street scrambler from Spirit of the Seventies

No matter which angle you view this latest build by Kent-based Spirit of the Seventies, the aesthetics stop you in your tracks. But that’s only to be expected when you have two arty types, Tim Rogers and Kevin Taggart, steering the company - one a professional photographic, the other a graphics designer, and both sharing a deep passion for building...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 December 2011 12:46)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Kingsil

Mar 09

Kingsil says:

missed the target

I can see what they are trying to do but the proportions of the bonnie frame don't suit this stripped down look. They would need to get hold of an American flat-track frame (the yanks race new bonnies and build frames for the job)to get it looking right which would make it very expensive. Should have used Kawasaki's W650/800 which is what most of the European originators of this look use. The trouble with custom building is 'Almost right' won't do.

Reply to this Topic
luckyskua

Jan 11

luckyskua says:

To be totally authentic it needs a ripped bin-liner for the seat.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

nosmokingbikes!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, good or bad, thats why we have columns like this. It also helps manufacturers gauge opinion on their products. Would you like  to be in a business where you only heard a few good comments and hardly anyone bought your product and then turn round and say 'but no-one told me it was crap and now I'm bankrupt'?

Reply to this Topic
shanes

Jul 10

shanes says:

would would buy a shit box like that ? its 2012 not 1970 buy a bike that works handles and has some Hp , if you want something with 1930 technology buy a harley

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

Some small, custom-made side covers and a rounder rear tail would make this bike awesome, I'd sure enjoy riding one! Sure you can have a 200HP sports bike and that can be fun too, but these bikes are about style and character not spec sheets. You appreciate it or you don't. Personnaly I like pretty much all bikes (as long as they are not made by H-D)

Reply to this Topic
MCN LiamM

Jul 08

MCN LiamM says:

Commented added on behalf of fasttourer

I have been an MCN Reader since the early 60's and have seen many comings and goings of all kinds of bikes but this is the first time I have written to MCN.

Having seen the pictures of the Spirit Street Scrambler I can only say its the most ugliest bike I have seen for some time.

The guy who gets this machine must be a relation of Stevie Wonder, they have totally ruined a really nice bike.

I'm sorry if it upsets anyone but thats the truth of the matter.1 word to describe this bike is UGLY.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices