Skip to content

Discuss This 'We wanted to create the ultimate Speed Triple' New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > 'We wanted to create the ultimate Speed Triple'

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

'We wanted to create the ultimate Speed Triple'

Triumph’s imminent new ‘R’ version of its best-selling super naked is much more than a cosmetic update, MCN can now reveal – in fact it’s been conceived to be “the ultimate Speed Triple”! So, where previous ‘R’ Triumphs, like the Street Triple and 675 Daytona, benefit mostly from uprated suspension and brakes, the new Speed Triple R goes significantly further by...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 December 2011 12:54)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

Flyscreen isn't stock on the R version?? That 300$ piece of plastic should be stock on all Street and Speed Triples...more so on the R versions...those headlights look nice with the flyscreen but still look akward with nothing above them.

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

triumph

i'm from holland and i think triumph rock's!!!

Reply to this Topic
easytargets

Jul 09

easytargets says:

Great Brit

All those on these pages trying to make Triumph based specials should weep a few tears, gilding the lily just got harder.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Nice but....

For £7999.00 You can also have the MV 675.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

and...

The Brutale 920 is only £9999.00.

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

snev

but its an mv thats not going to be total sum in terms of cost, when considering parts reliability and then when you come to sell it... most people will quite rightly buy something like a triumph over an mv, i know personally i like to ride my bikes so an mv would be out of the question

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

steady2wheels

I see your point, its a bit like driving a golf but wanting a ferrari.

Reply to this Topic
icedfusion

Aug 04

icedfusion says:

has it got....

..a quickshifter mister?

Reply to this Topic
1050cc

May 09

1050cc says:

"I see your point, its a bit like driving a golf but wanting a ferrari"

Is it? If I won £20 million I wouldn't buy a Ferrari as they are driven by wankers. I'll have a Golf any day and remain anonymous! Why would you pick a Brutale 920 over a (cheaper) Speed Triple apart from the exclusivity factor? Easy, you prefer it. Judging by the tests I've read it isn't a better bike. Granted it's still great and looks good too. As for the MV 675... Looks beautiful, but let's see what it rides like eh? Previous MV's have been a bit style over performance/reliability/dealer support no?

I've got a 2011 Speed Triple and love it. Have no desire to get an "R" though. Can't push this one to its limits so an "R" would be wasted on me. As for the "pose" value, nahhhh, can't be arsed, which is why MV's don't do anything for me either.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

1050, you say...

"ferrari's are driven by wankers" and you would rather drive an anonymous golf, even if you won £20 million. LMFFAO.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices