Skip to content

Discuss This 'We wanted to create the ultimate Speed Triple' New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > 'We wanted to create the ultimate Speed Triple'

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

'We wanted to create the ultimate Speed Triple'

Triumph’s imminent new ‘R’ version of its best-selling super naked is much more than a cosmetic update, MCN can now reveal – in fact it’s been conceived to be “the ultimate Speed Triple”! So, where previous ‘R’ Triumphs, like the Street Triple and 675 Daytona, benefit mostly from uprated suspension and brakes, the new Speed Triple R goes significantly further by...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 December 2011 12:54)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Nice, but...

I'm really feckin' tired of painting the odd bit of metal red to differntiate something as special.  That subframe standing out is severely out of place and makes the bike look stupid.  First thing I would do is paint it black. 

And I agree with speedo that the flyscreen should be standard on the R...seat cowl too IMO.  Performance wise, they added lighter forged wheels, Ohlins and monoblocs but why no Arrow cans?

But that red subframe...stop it already.  The others OEMs as well.  I've had enough of the red accent piece.

Reply to this Topic
bikemad123

Mar 09

bikemad123 says:

12k go and buy an MV !!!

Reply to this Topic
craiganscombe

Nov 05

Yep, go and buy an MV, if you're anywhere near a dealer, then add the same spec Ohlins Forks/Shock, and light weight wheels. You'll be looking at well over 12K for that. The Brutale 1090RR is £14k basic and it still doesn't have the Ohlins suspension. Triumph haven't released the price of the speed Triple R yet and believing what MCN says is a bit hit and miss. They first reported that this bike was going to be £10k something, then quickly changed it to £11k now they are saying close to £12k.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices