Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati 1199 Panigale - A new way of building a superbike New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Ducati 1199 Panigale - A new way of building a superbike

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Ducati 1199 Panigale - A new way of building a superbike

The targets laid down for the 1199 Panigale were so strict, so binding and so difficult to achieve that nothing less than a complete rethink was going to be enough. That maent ditching Ducati's tradition of a steel trellis frame and embracing something completely new. Monocoque chassis design The biggest break with Ducati tradition is the all-new aluminium monocoque chassis which, says Ducati's...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 December 2011 13:13)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Panigale

Proof of the pudding will be when its independently road tested against competitors bikes

Reply to this Topic
mattster67

Dec 11

mattster67 says:

Fireblade

Could it be as revolutionary as the Fireblade? As in the last comment the proof will be in the pudding. I can't wait to find ou. Happy new year all.

Reply to this Topic
twobike

Dec 09

twobike says:

Brilliant Design

Love the clever yet simple design of the chassis that isn't really a chassis. All major components mounted to the engine/gearbox, i.e. Airbox/Headstock, SwingArm and finally Seat Unit, brilliant very similar to Colin Chapman's thinking of the early Lotus F1 cars. I also love the looks.

Reply to this Topic
GuyGraham

Aug 02

GuyGraham says:

Well it worked so well in MotoGP

Looks like a spectacular own goal here by Ducati

Copying the MotoGP chassis design that hasn't won a single race

Marketing department over ruling common engineering sense me thinks

Yes it might be good, but not as good as it could be with a proper frame

Reply to this Topic
BBQdog

Jul 10

BBQdog says:

Nightmare

The Panigale must be the marketing managers nightmare.

Reply to this Topic
Biker4751

Aug 02

Biker4751 says:

Yes But. . .

I'd consider an S version if I could have it with the longer swing arm available on the racing version.

Reply to this Topic
TinkerNZ

Oct 09

TinkerNZ says:

excitment.....

There is no other new motorcycle i'd sooner ride then this. You ca'nt help but feel this is history that will be remembered, just like the 851 and 916.

Reply to this Topic
wings1372

Aug 02

wings1372 says:

Maybe

I agree with Guygraham. The marketing man needs to check out the MotoGP results table, that might get them to adjust the strategy. However the development of this bike most likely started well before Rossi was on board and it was likely too far down the road to make a U turn. They better hope that it has front end feel as if the press slate it then it will be a 2012 White Elephant. I hope it's good as it certainly looks the part and the top spec suspension and brakes make me drool.

Reply to this Topic
viaciofano

Nov 04

viaciofano says:

Motogp and Rossi

I hope that the comments Rossi has been making about the frame do not affect the bike. I used to admire Rossi and his team but there was talk in the beginning that they taunted Stoner and said they could sort out the Ducati in a short time. This season has showed that the Ducati is harder to tame and Stoner has proved how good he is on the track on any bike. I do not think that there are too many Rossi,s on the road although in all fairness how many test pilots will comment on the rigid frame or lack of feel of the front end on the road. I hope it sells and I can save up and part exchange my 916 bp for one. vinnychoff

Reply to this Topic
twobike

Dec 09

twobike says:

Who Rides Like Rossi

Come on guys which one of us believes we are really going to test the chassis to it's limits re "Rossi".

For me I love my Aprilia RSV4F APRC and of it's 5000 miles last year 3000 must have been on Track Days, but I know my limits, never a racer will I be "too old" and therefore "too slow". Which ever way you look at this new Ducati you have got to admire the engineers who dare to do something different. I would by one in a heart beat as I think it will be viewed as a motorcycle Milestone, could be wrong, who knows.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices