Skip to content

Discuss This Harley-Davidson Switchback meets its match! First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > Harley-Davidson Switchback meets its match!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

Harley-Davidson Switchback meets its match!

The new Harley-Davidson Switchback ‘bagger’ (or custom tourer) has already impressed MCN testers – but how’s it measure up against its closest rival, Victory’s Cross Roads Tour? In this week’s MCN we find out. Both are American, V-twin powered, pannier-equipped cruisers and at a quick glance are difficult to tell apart. Both also come in similar colour schemes and are priced...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 December 2011 13:31)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
steady2wheels

Sep 08

i love the idea of harleys but i just cannot get my head around the prices, if they were priced like other bikes then i would have one, but i can buy multiple jap bikes for the price and less hassle i think if they were honestly priced they would do a whole lot better but that's my oppinion

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

H-D Prices?

Lots of late model, reasonably priced H-D’s for sale locally (Iowa/Illinois/Minnesota) – maybe the prices are higher due to rarity in the UK?

Reply to this Topic
BlackTBird

Nov 09

BlackTBird says:

You Gotta Be Kiddin!

Do yourself a favour and save your money and get a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better bike by investing in a Triumph Thunderbird!  For those that want a bike that performs best in class (been voted cruiser of the year two years in sucession in the States), looks the part, has quality finish, good price and it's British!!

As for the two brands at least the Harley's look good eh! 

Reply to this Topic
Macaw

Mar 08

Macaw says:

You cannot compare

With all due respect you are all wrong about this, you CANNOT compare any Harley to a Victory the Victory is a totally different ride to anything out there, Ive owned 3 of them so far, The Hammer, The Vision and now Ive just brought the Crossroads, they handle far supiorer to anything on the road at the moment for a bike of there size, I went to France this year with me on my Vision and a load of sports bikes, 2 Triumph ST sprints, a Honda pan, a BMW R1200, and another Honda sports tourer that I cant remember the name of.

Into and around the bends I was very slightly slower, due to the sheer weight of the Vision, fully loaded with pillion it goes nearly half a ton!! but coming out of the bends they could not live with this bike, the tourqu was incredible and left the sports bikes for dead.

You have to test ride one to appricitate how good they are, and Victory encourage this very, very much, as they say "once  you have test ridden one you will buy one" I have road tested every crusier and sports bike out there, I cant ride sports bikes any more as Im a fat old man who cant get his knees into his chest any more, but these Victorys are amazing bikes, belive me.

Reply to this Topic
charlesq_70

Aug 07

charlesq_70 says:

@steadytwowheels

"i love the idea of harleys but i just cannot get my head around the prices, if they were priced like other bikes then i would have one, but i can buy multiple jap bikes for the price and less hassle i think if they were honestly priced they would do a whole lot better but that's my oppinion" List price for the Switchback is £13,499. List price for the Kawasaki VN1700 Classic Tourer (Nomad), which is probably the closest Japanese equivalent but doesn't have quick release accessories, is £12,699. You cannot buy "multiple Jap bikes" for the price of a Harley, unless you're talking about scooters or learner bikes.

Reply to this Topic
charlesq_70

Aug 07

charlesq_70 says:

@BlackTBird

Not that much difference in the price of a Thunderbird either, by the time you add a screen and bags it's £11,799, and that's for soft luggage. The Triumph is a really excellent bike though.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices