Skip to content

Discuss This How tiny MV Agusta threw down a challenge to big boys General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > How tiny MV Agusta threw down a challenge to big boys

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

How tiny MV Agusta threw down a challenge to big boys

MV claim their new F3 will take the supersport class by storm, thanks to its high power, light weight and sophisticated electronics. But how can a company with a fraction of the staff and investment of the major players manage to build a class-leading bike for competitive money? MCN’s visit to MV’s Italian factory reinforced just what an achievement this would...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 December 2011 13:36)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
viaciofano

Nov 04

viaciofano says:

Ducati 916 to compare

I can only compare the bike to my own 916 as I would like to ride the bike and find out what it is like. It looks like a classic MV and even I would say the new ducati 1199 looks similar. From their spec at MV that they aimed for I assume it will feel like my 916 which is slim and allows me to filter in traffic. My bike feels relatively light and the MV F3 with more power and less weight has to be an improvement we all want but maybe the only downside is fly by wire and strict emissions. I had issues with my 916 and uploaded to my blog so others could see the hassles i had to make improvements to the fueling. I hope that they sort these before it is out on the road otherwise it could turn off prospective buyers. regards Vinnychoff

Reply to this Topic
smilo996

Nov 08

smilo996 says:

MV

To be fair to Triumph they make substantially larger range of bikes than MV do. I would guess that the number of people needed as the range expands is more than linear as well. Lets see what happens and how it actually is to ride. MV have a habit of over stating the actualy quality of their bikes to some degree.

I have a 312 and although it is a great looking bike and on paper very fast it also has some serious drawbacks (suspension like fred flintstones car, dubious build quality in areas and unfathomable options on the display) to name a few. However now released from Hog I really hope that this bike is a major success. They have at last realised the need to price their bikes sensibly whilst selling more than 20 per annum. This should give the Japs some serious competition.  

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

smilo996

I like your "flinstone's suspension" comment, it kind of ties in with the "Stone age" Hog period of ownership. As for Fmaxwells comment that "Hayabusa's are ridden by portly Bikers, between the lights" blah blah blah. Yeah right my friend you keep to your Buell..... after all Ignorance is bliss.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Sport and Comfort

@ fmaxwell – You do have a point. My personal choice was a relatively low mileage 2006 Honda CBR600F4i, which has dry/wet weights of about 370/410 pounds, fully adjustable suspension, and is only slightly slower than the same year CBR600RR on the track (and actually accelerates slightly faster up to 150 mph) with a much better on-road riding position. The F4i even has decent power in the 3000-9000 rpm range (and of course pulls very hard from 9000 to 14200 rpm), so you only have to shift a lot if you are really trying to make time or want to feel hard acceleration.

Too bad Honda no longer makes the CBR600F4i (or a similar version of the Fireblade).

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices